Monday, September 26, 2005

143+. All that beer, carb crazy eating yesterday and that delicious sundae I split with the three kids probably put it all there. Went into a coma when I came home from dinner yesterday. Hubby let me fall asleep on the couch. He knows when I indulge it takes a minimum of 24 hours of recouperation for me. He ends up being the good one and splitting a 12 pack+ with the Nascar gang.

Still felt like shit this morning. Ate one of my kellogg bars. No coffee today. I can't believe I'm still functioning. I'm taking #2 child to school and am going to start my run from there. Basically I'm doing the same run, but starting in the middle of it. Hoping to knock 5 miles out.

The 1/2 marathon. I'm leaning towards doing it. Why the fuck not huh? It will keep me running in the winter, I get to hang out with a friend that I only see on girls dinner nights and then I can say I did a 1/2 marathon. I'm still on the fence, but slowly falling off the "crazy" side. Hope this run goes well today. I need a good road run under my belt.

Later:

I ran 4.814 miles in 47.59.83 minutes. Why the hell couldn't I just do the other 0.2 miles? I don't know, but I was so tired after 2 quick sprints on the last mile. I know the heartrate shot up then. I tried to run on my toes and not my heels. That is hard shit. Anyhow it was an ok run. A couple times I decided I hate running and wanted to quit and other times I was all impressed with myself. Around mile 2ish I decided I was crazy to think I could do a 1/2marathon and at mile 4 I thought I can do it (if I get to walk every 5 miles) Well see. Glad I got it in.

Now I have to cook dinner, clean the house, figure out why the little guy is throwing tantrums, do wash, clean our bedroom, go to a brownie meeting, pack lunches, get the tuesday gym bag ready, get #2 juice before he turns into a pile of ashes, blah, blah, blah. Someday I'm going to work on this website and add my favorite blogs, somehow add a picture to the top and get the ugly green color off it. Someday is not today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zara said...

At least it wasn't the 7lbs you were predicting. ;)

I'm excited for you - planning on the half marathon! I've been trying to find the motivation just to sign up for another 5k, but look at YOU!

Sounds like you have a busy day planned. It's so inspiring that you can still fit your workouts in and it shows me that really, *I* have no excuse not to exercise. Thanks for the virtual kick in the pants! :)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

What/when would your goal race be for the half? You realized you've blogged about it so much that you have to do it now! :)

8:53 PM  
Blogger neca said...

If you figure out the picture thing let me know! :-)

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home