Wednesday, September 21, 2005

oh no....

Bons: So Mary, do you want to do a half marathon in March? We would start training January 1st.
Mary: That's 13 miles right?
Bons: Yep.
Mary: Hmmm, let me think about it. Talk to me Saturday night at the party.

Am I fucking nuts? I'm hoping to run 4 maybe 5 miles tonight with a lugie in my throat. How the heck am I going to train for a half marathon? I was hoping to maybe be able to do a 10 mile race next year at the beach. Maybe a 6k in June. 13 miles by March. I'm going to be the fatest (not fastest) one there. At least it will be cold so I can hide this tumor, stomach thingy.

I have lost my mind even contemplating this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

You can do it! I did my first 1/2 in February (they aptly named a race in Winnipeg in winter the Hypothermic Half). Training outdoors through the winter will make you that much more mentally tougher. You are not nuts. You are stronger and faster than you think!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home