Thursday, September 15, 2005

obsession

Is obsession good or bad? I am obsessed with running better. I planned on going for some weights and a 20 min swim today, but that damn treadmill was calling me for speed intervals. I sweated my ass off for 20 minutes. I should of swam and then run tonight with the jogging stroller (even though I HATE running with that thing) It was all rainy and gross this morning so I decided to get a run in and now it's gorgeous outside. Well it's humid as hell, so maybe I'll walk the stroller around tonight. Ok, who the f am I kidding I'll be jogging and getting shin pain.

I didn't do as much core work as I wanted to. I was so tired from the 'mill. I can't keep complaining about this fat stomach if I'm not going to dedicate myself to getting in firmer. I need to get obsessed with core work. I did drop some of my leg work for awhile. I'm done with hip abductors. Now I am working on strength training my hamstrings. I read that runners have super strong quads and weak hamstrings which throws your kick/stride off.

Remember I was 142 on the scale? Yeah that scale was just playing a joke on me. He likes to do that every couple of months. Thinks it is funny to tease me. The weight is back to 144. Maybe I'll see 142 in a couple of weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

I've dropped my weight training out of laziness and know that I should be doing some hamstring work too. I've gotten into the habit of doing core work when I get back from my morning runs. I have a ball in the living room and do ab stuff while listening to the 8 o'clock news. It's the only way I know I'll do it.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home