Sunday, September 04, 2005

scene: My den.

Mom: Changing channel for her 4.5 yr old son and scratching her stomach at the same time.
Son: What's that .. pointing at mom's belly
Mom: I think I have a bug bite.
Son: No! What's that? Again pointing at stomach.
Mom: What's what?
Son: That! Where David came out?
Mom: What?
Son: I think another one is going to come out.
Mom: Makes Marge Simpson "growl" sound.

scene: Mom upstairs changing into running clothes b/c she is pissed off

Dad: What the heck are you wearing?
Mom: Do I look like an ass? Does this make my stomach look fat?
Dad: Nooooo, all you need is an orange flag and you can direct traffic.
Mom: Jumps on dad's bladder and sits down with all her stomach weight.
Dad: Argh...get off I have to go to the bathroom.
2 minutes later Dad tries to get "some".
15 sec later Dad fails to get "some".

ok, maybe it does look like construction
traffic control clothing. Oh, and you'd think I could/would windex the bathroom mirror before I took a picture. How the heck does the mirror get dirty up there?




So I went running. Did 28.19. Wasn't in feel good running mode. Even though the time is a personal best. I ran into a neighbor who used to be a competitve 5k runner. Gave me huge training tips. Basically I'm not going to improve the way I'm training. I will incorporate these tips after this 5k. This guy used to run 5 minute miles! Geesh.

Next week is going to be a bitch on working out and running. Work is going to suck. I seem to have made a huge mistake and somehow our bank says we have $10,000 less than what I say. Soccer starts. I am officially a soccer mom. The one thing in the world I didn't want to be when I grew up. I have the stupid club magnet on my car and all the gear that goes along with it. For 2 days I week I will be driving to different soccer fields and running around like an idiot trying to watch each kid practice. All along with my baby who wants to play soccer. If they had a team for 17 months old I would probably join...that's how crazy I am.

Later that night:

Dh and I got a babysitter and went on a date night. I got my body into a size 8 skirt!(not an Old Navy size 8 either!) Well the Talbots size 8 skirt i have does not fit me. I think the more expensive clothes are the real sizes. Then again this is progress b/c this skirt has not fit me since ... I don't know when. Anyhow the date was nice. Dh and I talked about running, kids, how good the food was, and what a dick I think bush is and how he thinks he is great. Then Notre Dame started to kick Pitt's ass in football. I hate Notre Dame. I'm Irish Catholic and I hate Notre Dame. I'm telling you I'm weird. I'm suppose to love this team like I love meat and potato's.

Ate like total crap for two days. Will write off as a cheat days and get back on program tomorrow!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Glad you had fun on your date!

I actually like the construction shirt...who knew?

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home