Thursday, August 25, 2005

I have new goals.

145. No gym today. I only went once this week. We went running tonight. 5k time 33.33. (so-so time compared to my solo runs, but at least we ran) My body was achy for some reason too. Just wasn't into it. My partner couldn't walk the other 2 miles with me, so I ran the 4th mile. Ha. BTW I hate running down long hills. It sucks on the shins. I tried to walk then run the rest of the 5th mile, but the body just wasn't there.

NEW GOALS....My goals on the profile are pretty damn crappy. Not detailed at all. Things have changed. 1st I want to run the November 5k in under 28 minutes. 2nd I want to lose 10 more pounds (135) by my 40th birthday. (late November) Then I will be the weight on my driver's license, the weight I was when I got married (though it wasn't all muscle then) To celebrate such a milestone (40, skinny, and a size 8??) I want to go to Philly, to my favorite Itailian restaurant,

La Locanda del Ghiottone
Gluttony is next to godliness. So is this Italian food.
Editorial Rating: Recommended
The SceneThe single-storey restaurant gives off an inviting glow that's foreign Old City's trendy spots. Arrive early in the evening for seats, otherwise you'll end up waiting (which may give you enough time to run for a bottle of wine). Be prepared to eat: translated the name means "the place of the gluttons." The FoodThe appetizer menu contains a few standouts, most notably the mussels in a tomato base, served with a sprig of sage and bread for mopping up sauce. Try oyster shells stuffed with shellfish, and crêpes filled with mushrooms. The first course contains dishes without sides such as the black fettuccini with tuna, olives and tomatoes. The second course is heavier on meats. Chicken, lamb and beef courses are rounded out with roasted potatoes, risotto and smaller sides of pasta. The "unfortunate rabbit" is unexpectedly bold, and devilishly delicious for anyone who had a cuddly bunny as a childhood pet.


Bring 1 bottle of wine (My sil is a wine buyer and got us a $200 bottle for a special occasion..i think this is it) Maybe bring the ZD Wine also (Zero Defects to us) we have stored in my BIL wine cellar. Hey I'm actually looking forward to turning 40!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home