Thursday, August 18, 2005

"how to grill" by Steven Raiclen. The best grill cookbook you can buy. His philosophy is "if you can eat it, you can grill it." We grill everything here. From veggies, beer can chicken to fruit (pineapples in cocunut milk, dipped in brown sugar and served warm with vanilla ice cream..mmmmm) you can even grill tofu (yeck)

Brine recipe:
1/4 c coarse salt
2 bay leave
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup hot water, plus 3 cups cold water
20 whole black peppercorns
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 red chile pepper, sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed

Place the salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, chile pepper and bay leaves in a non-reactive bowl and add hot water. Whisk until the salt and brown sugar are dissolved. Stir in cold water and let cool to room temperature. Pour the brine over chicken (pork etc) stir in the rest of ingrediants. Cover dish with plastic wrap and let stand in frig for a least 2 hours (i reccomend 7+ hrs) Turn breasts once or twice.

143 ish this morning. Will probably be up to 145 tomorrow on weigh day though. The baby woke up at 3 am so we ate grahamn crackers, milk and he had some yogurt. I might of had a cookie too, can't remember.

Gym day was good. Great hiit session. 4.7 on the down low and 7.5-8.5 on the high end. I usually start at 7.5 and by minute 20 I'm seriously sprinting. Actually saw my form in the mirror and I looked like a real runner. I don't think I look like that on a real road though. I'm probably more leaning over and not kicking as high. I really have to think about running straight at times. I'm always trying to correct my posture on runs. Thought about running tonight too (obsessive you say?) Well see. If I do it it will be a slow run. Maybe I'll take the kids for a walk/bike instead. Our friends are coming over with a log splitter to split the rest of that maple tree. We will never be in need of firewood for a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

BBQ USA is WAY better (and that's coming from a vegetarian). The little stories in BBQ USA are hilarious.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Reston va dentist Lexus is200 sportcross fog lights

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home