Monday, August 15, 2005

146 this morning. That's pretty fascinating since I was a carb whore all day yesterday.

Did my kid duty this morning and agreed to play "my little pony" with my dd. I've never mentioned it (and this is horrible) but I HATE playing barbies. I can handle my pretty pony, but dd has all these weird stories that we have to follow. I'd rather play thomas the tank engine anyday over barbies.

My whole fricken body is killing me. I know it's from the crazy diving off the 15ft spring board on Saturday. My arms, back and head are all strained. I've decided I am a nut. Most adults would of gone off that board maybe twice. Me.....probably about a dozen times.

Went for a run today. It was to slow. Way to slow. I'm now going to go out on my own 2x a week (if I can) and run at my own pace. Running partner was bummed at our time (3.5 miles at 36) Thinks my watch is wrong...but we are running so fricken slow. I could actually run 4+miles easily at this pace. Can't take it anymore, need to get back to my under 30 times. Tomorrow is speed intervals (hiit) and gym day. I'm either going to run hard tomorrow or see what the weather is for Thursday and run hard that day. If I do it on Thursday, I get Friday off and can rest up for a slow Saturday. I feel like i'm going backwards on this running thing. I need to figure it out.

Researched a training plan for our 5k in Novemeber. www.runningplanet.com/articles/article_detail.asp?article_id=230

  • This definately needs to be modified. I guess the person who wrote the article doesn't realize that some people have work and a family to consider. With family comes kid's sports, early nights in the fall etc...I'm going to try the program, but it is only a 5k not a marathon.


  • Took all three kids to the pool. What a nightmare. Daughter's tooth fell out with tons of blood. The baby just wanted to walk around the pool, pick-up dirty band-aids and try to jump in. He ended up having a temper tantrum and we left. The others whined and cried about it.

    I finally got around to cooking the lamb I got from Costco during Easter. Found the recipe on the internet. It was a Moroccan recipe. Basically I was suppose to cook a 9lb lamb for 1.25 hours. I had a 7lb lamb and 2 hours later it still wasn't done. Cut it in half and put it on the grill for another 15. Dh had to cook the rest of it after dinner. Other than that a good meal (with cukes, veggies and couscous, yum)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home