Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back from the camping trip from hell. We actually went to Ethopia for the weekend. I am covered in bug bites (deet does not work at all)

I ate pretty good. (veggie burgers, whole wheat bread, carrots, apples, water, salad, bannanas)
The crap I ate.... (1 million wheat thins, chips, beer, 1 million cigs, pizza, etc)

Gained 2lbs on the trip.

Ran/walk once for 30minutes. I hate this *$#@&^^$$## DAMM WEATHER! It is to hot to do anything. My camp friend and I could barely breathe while running at 7:30 am. It sucked. I didn't even bother going the next day b/c running in high humidy sucks, no a/c sucks more, and camp showers suck the most.

I don't get some of the people that go camping. In the bath houses the girls/ladies are at the mirror putting make-up on and curling their hair! Why! It's 120 with humidty, the make-up is going to melt off (why wear it..you are tan) and why are you curling your hair? Please! If you are 25 and under you don't need make-up, curls, whatever at a camp site at 8:00 in the morning. One 60 year old lady was putting mosisturizer on while I waited in the bathroom line (5 min) and when I got out she was still putting moisturizer on! Just slap it on for Pete's sake.

Well I'm glad we are back home and I will never go camping on the East coast in the summer time again. Fall yes...but never summer.

I did get back in the groove last night and ran 3 miles and walked another mile. Forgot to time myself, but it was a slow run. Skipped w/o this morning to catch up on work and crap. Might have to run tonight to make-up for it. That is if it is not raining and hot as hell out. I hate getting out of my schedule. I'm back on track w/eating right, but I need to get back in the gym mode...it's been a week since I've been there and I can't stop.

Later that day....
I went running. This Ironman watch I got is great and bad too. I'm obsessed with my time. Ran the 5k (actually might be a little short on the distance) in 28.54 min. I really pushed myself on the last mile to beat 29 min. Did a huge long sprint at the end which practically killed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home