Tuesday, August 23, 2005

146 this morning. whew. Yesterday started out bad and got much better later. I had the play date. Instead of one girl I had to invite her older sister (1 year apart) Did I mention I have 3 children also? The kids were fun and far to loud. "shhh and be quiet the baby is sleeping" do not work. What does work is "SHUT UP!!!!" yelled at the top of your voice. Bad mother and play date host but geesh. I had the beginnings of a migraine all morning, but didn't realize it was one until the girls left. Thank God I have migraine meds. (once I didn't and it was 3 days in hell) After a rest, I got a nice healthy Mexican dinner cooked for everyone.

Went running yesterday (no humidity!!!!) Ran with my partner. 1st mile was around 12 min (!!!???) I finally spoke up and said we have to run mile 2 faster. Got to the 13min marker in 15 min and ran mile 2 in a little over 10 minutes. My partner really gets a burst of energy in mile 3 when I'm usually pooping out. All in all ran a 5k in 34 minutes. I'm going to run tonight on my own. Work on doing the first mile slow (10ish minutes) the second in 9ish and the final 1.1 in around 10. My partner doesn't think she/we can run the 5k in September in under 34 minutes. I told her she was crazy and yes we could do in a better time and that I KNOW I can do it in 30. I quess I haven't told her that on my personal runs I'm usually under 30 minutes. The race is in about 2+ weeks. We did talk last night about increasing our runs from 5k to 3.5 miles, then 4miles etc. Big bummer .... it's also getting dark so much earlier. Soon we are going to have put those goofy vests on so the teenagers and cell phone drivers in the neighborhood don't run us down.

September (busy season) will soon be upon all of us. School, homework, soccer practice, swimming practice and early nights. I'm looking forward to fall though. I hate, hate hot weather. I'd rather be playing in a foot of snow then sweating like crazy any day of the week. Only bummer about snow is that you can't run.

gripe of the day: Why is it that everytime I turn on Fox news (better yet, why am I turning on this right wing drivel) that the story is that missing Natalee Holloway in Aruba? I just don't get it. She must be one of hundreds of girls that go missing every week. I don't get why she is special. This story is so tired. Let it go, there are other more important things going on in the world...lets see ....there is a war being fought (that seems so much more important than some blond chick) iran has nuclear capabilities, gas prices are through the roof (just wait until winter) the Sudan, Darfur, Niger, Avian flu, aids, breast cancer, lung cancer please anything but the same old crap about Aruba and this girl. I'm about ready to get the 12 gauge out and shoot the tv to pieces....why do I have to hear about her? What can anyone in the good 'ole USA do about what is going in Aruba?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home