Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Well my list of things I had to do did NOT all get done. But I did get some homemade icecream out of the brownie troop meeting. So all is not wasted. I canNOT figure out what is wrong with my baby. These temper tantrums he throws are something else. We just sit there and watch him in awe. It really is fascinating. He keeps stomping his feet then he bangs his head against the dining room credenza knobs and then he would cry even harder (well it did look like it hurt) then do it again! I'm at a loss. The other two did not do this to the same extent. He's a great kid, and understands us, but will not talk. I have a call into the state to get him into speech therapy. Maybe because he can't communicate is the source of the tantrums. Though #2 did not do this.

Tops. I need tops. Fall has started to arrive and all I have are the big extra large sweaters. For the past yearS I have tried to hide my breasts and my always looking 4 months pregnant stomach. On Saturday I wore a skimpy black tight top and yesterday I had a skimpy, spaghetti strap top on also. I'm loving it! I think the last time I wore one of these type tops was in my 20s. I can't go all winter wearing spaghetti straps, but maybe for once I don't have to be hiding under a maternity tent either. I'm just amazed at how far I have come since January. I was checking out the skinny, exercise perfect mom last night at the brownie meeting and I'm starting to look almost like her in the body. With the exception that I am not perfect, I have real boobs (i swear hers are fake) and i'm shorter than her. Right now I'm at her "fat" weight. She thought she was fat at this weight, I think I'm fine at it.

Went to the gym today. Did the usual hiit session on the 'mill. My ususal 7.5 felt like nothing so I jacked it up to 8.6 and ended with a 9 on the sprints. Last heartrate check gave me 183. Whoa. I think my stomach is getting smaller. Can it be? I fricken hope so! I'm getting one of those big balls for home use. I think I can do more core at home while watching my favorite shows. Had to take a communal shower with this chick who; kept hocking lugies, making weird slapping noises...i'm not sure what was going on there...actually I really do NOT want to know. I do know that she is the cleanest person in the United States. I went in 5 min after her and was dressed and out the door and she was still showering. Ok I didn't wash my hair b/c it was looking pretty damn good for being in a pony tail while exercising. Some other lady was in the dressing room with me and after the 10th hock she say's "that is why I take my showers at home." We were cracking up.

Got a walk in at the soccer game. Found a great neighborhood to run in when I get into new weekend routes. Since I'm going by myself this Saturday I might try a whole new route. This ones got a lot of hills and valleys so it should be pretty good.

5 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Yeah, I own a few of those sweaters myself. I have got to go get some tops for fall! How do you do your HIIT? (Just curious - I;ve seen lots of versions).

5:42 AM  
Blogger m said...

Neca,

My gym has a treadmill that has a speed interval session on it. Every 2 min (when you set it for 20 min) it will do your rest session (which is 5.2 for me) and then jack it up to your exercise session for another 2 min. It saves on pressing the increase/decrease button all the time. I love hiit b/c it is suppose to increase my speed on my road runs and it "supposedly" helps you burn more calories or lose more weight then just plain running on the 'mill. My husband says I should just do sprints on flat ground for 30 seconds and walk 30 seconds, repeat. Of course if I did this all the neighbors would think I was a freak or something. LOL.

6:40 AM  
Blogger :) said...

Tell Mount Wanna-Hocka-Lugie to cut that out...gross!

My mind is racing trying to figure out the slapping noises!!!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Zara said...

I'm happy to hear all the good things that are going your way - body shape, exercise tolerance...wow!

I'm sorry your little one is having a tough time of things. I hope you get it figured out soon!

Oh, and enjoy your new running route! ;)

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home