Sunday, October 16, 2005

In the loop

25.18 PR for a 5k baby!!!! Ok so it was a super dooper flat course, but ha, ha I'm getting better.

I ran the best I could and was exhausted at the end. Pace was about 8:15ish I think. All in all I am happy about this race.

I was trying to pick off this one chick in a J-Lo velour sweatsuit with her hair in pig-tails. God, she was pissing me off in the beginning of the race. She kept turning around and laughing and talking to her friends. She didn't even look like a real runner. I kept waiting to see her walking and she beat me by a minute. Don't judge a book by it's cover I guess. Oh, and my other vent I absolutely, positively hate these people that place themselves in the front of the start when they are so fricken slow! I thought I had placed myself to close to the front (that's for those 6 min pacers) and I ended up tripping over all the slowpokes. Ended up pulling my left calf muscle trying to get around these people. My friend Bons (1/2 marathon training partner) impressed me. She finished only a minute behind me. I picked off a lot of people and no one picked me off and I finished all alone and by myself. I do wonder if some chick were in front of me if I would of run faster. Oh well. I did very good and I'm happy with myself. Now it's time to work on breaking 25 minutes.

Did the google game: Mary needs:

prayers
apostles
opportunities to play & experience movement in a variety of positions,
needs to be freed from all of this.
clever rhymes are no substitute for a treatment program.
to be great
some attention to her hair. (how true!)

Final rant of the day:

Why do people say "you look tired." Why not just come out and say it "you look like shit" or better yet..."I feel like putting you down and making you feel that you look like crappy"
Dicks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

AWESOME TIME! You must be so pleased! I know what you mean about the J. Lo's of the world. But I sometimes wonder if skinny girls look at me and figure they can pick me off -- they are disappointed because they can't. I can hope!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home