Friday, October 21, 2005

Run, baking and soccer

Running:

Well let's see. I did a timed run/poor attempt at sprints on Wednesday night. I've forgotten how hard sprints are on the real road. I didn't even try to do hubby's "sprint on your toes" theory. I think hubby wanted me to walk after the sprints or jog super slow. I didn't do either. Anyhow, I did walk some and I basically ran 3.5 miles in around 30 minutes. It was all in all a crappy run. Not because of the time it took, I just wasn't into it.

Thursday. Woke up to 144. (yeah) Since it's going to rain all weekend, I decided to do the long run. Which btw is not six miles it's 6.856 miles. I did the first mile in 9.16 and the last mile in 10 minutes. I'd rather be more consistent but it's a start. I did 3 miles in 26 minutes. The hill is killer. I will post pictures of this hill when I have more time. (b/c I love when people post pictures on their blog!) All in all the whole run took 1 hour and 4 min.

How the hell did I run 8.15 min miles last Sunday? It must of been the carbs or something. I have no idea I had that in me. I think it was a fluke.

Baking:

I suck at it. I will never make cookies ever again. I truly, truly can NOT make cookies. I made those premade cookies and they weren't good. I had to make cookies for J's class (23) and since I ate one square of the dough before I started (i love that shit) I had just enough for the class. While I was waiting for them to cool, the baby decided to somehow reach up there and take half a cookie. I have no idea how he even reached up that far. So now I had to make some box cookies. I made them and they were worse. I sent the girl to school with the gross cookies and hope those kids don't vomit them up at snack time.

Soccer:

I went to my 4.85 yr old soccer practice yesterday. I haven't seen him play soccer since this summer. Not because i'm a bad mom, but b/c I take J to her practice and hubby goes to T's game. Anyhow:

Scene: hubby and me going to sleep

me: ""t" sucks at soccer"
hubby: "No shit"

Even the faggy kid is better than him. Well the faggy kid is really, really good. I don't think my son is going to be athletic. Which pangs my heart. Not that I want him to be a dick jock I was just hoping he might be athletic at something. Hubby's family was very athletic (Kennedyish) I was the loser kid who always got picked last... and yes later on I became athletic via swim team. Maybe he'll go the same path. He's a sweet kid, so if this is all that is "wrong" I can't/shouldn't complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

I just literally LOLed!

1:34 PM  
Blogger :) said...

faggy kid....ha!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home