Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Rest day?

I woke up Halloween morning and decided that it was a rest day. No exercise, just errands. Well....

1st. This is the last nice 70 degree day we will have until...lets say April 2006
2nd. I had to go and read Flatmans blog and his quote of the day. After that little quote I put on the exercise clothes and drove to the park and did 25 min of xc running. The quote has nothing to do with running etc...for some reason it just motivated me. Thanks Flatman

First xc running is hard. I make it harder by looking for hills and pushing myself beyond my limits. I actually found an awesome hill and then ended up in the woods where I had to sit on my ass and crawl down to get to the trail I really wanted to run. Well it was fun and I NEED to do this once a week for the XC run I'm in after thanksgiving.

I did the gym today. I have a new appreciation for the elliptical machine. I usually hate cross training on this machine, but after today I think I might keep up with it. I'm doing hill profile and when I'm not on a "hill" I'm going to just use my legs. (no arms) This machine really works out the hamstrings. I'm liking it.

I am not liking my weight. I have no idea what is up with that. I will/cannot lose 10lbs by the end of November. I'm being pretty good with food (ok not today and yesterday b/c of halloween) but my weight keeps at 144-146. Every once in awhile it drops to 141, but only for a day. WTF? I don't think it's pms...I know I need to drink more water. I've been lacking on that. Maybe it's water retention.

Halloween was fun. My kids crack me up. They are so cute. For awhile I was pushing the "baby" in the stroller (he was the honey jar from Pooh) and he was screaming his head off. I kept telling everyone I passed that "I'm scaring people back on birth control". I should of tossed condoms and said "this could be you in 18 months". Anyhow I took him back home where he passed out with daddy. He was evaluated yesterday. His speech is at a 14 month level, so we got accepted into therapy. Yeah. His motor skills are 24 months, which is not surprising.

Not sure how much blogging I will get to this week. Work is crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

With killer runs like you've been doing you shouldn't focus on your weight so much. And once your marathon training kicks into gear, it'll come off. Trust me.

6:44 PM  
Blogger D said...

Just found your blog through Jennifer P. Great job in the weightloss dept! Great job in your 5K - speedy!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home