Sunday, November 06, 2005

I am never running a 5K again

Yes that is my thought in the first 1:30 min of the race today. At 2:35 min I needed to pee, but if I went off course I would of ended up in the creek. At 5 minutes I decided I would never run again ever. At 6 min I wanted to walk. At 7:34 I had completed my first mile. "HOLY SHIT!!!" I yelled over my IPOD music. For some strange reason no one turned around to look at the crazy woman.

The one bad thing about an IPOD (which I don't think makes me run any faster) is that you can't hear someone passing you. At this race I wasn't the one picking people off. They were picking me off...with the exception of this one girl in a white top. For some reason I would die before she would pass me. The entire 120 other people in the race could pass me, but not her. Thank you girl in the white top for making me finish 1ST in my age group, and PR!!! I would also like to thank all the fast girls from 2003, 2004(you 22.00 5kers) for quitting running, sleeping in, whatever for not showing up today. Thank you so much again! Oh, my time was 24.30 (1st mile 7:35, 2nd mile 8:03, 3.1 mile 8.92..i never saw the 3rd mile strip) Oh there is a picture of me floating out in internet land. I will post as soon as I can. The only thing I'm unhappy about is that each mile was slower than the first. I would like to reverse that or have them all more even. I will work on that for next year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

Good for you! And you can't quit running -- you have a half in a few months. Interesting point about the iPod.

8:30 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Great result! Congratulations!

10:15 AM  
Blogger D said...

Nice job!!!! You are hilarious by the way.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Zara said...

You amaze me. Truly! You are the opposite of pathetic. I can't believe all you have accomplished toward your health in the past few months.

Also, thanks for your comments on my blog - they are always appreciated and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who's experienced some of this crap. I mean, I wouldn't wish some of it on anyone, but if you've already been through it, it helps to know I'm not crazy. That made sense, I hope? Lol!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home