Sunday, November 20, 2005

Memories with Mom & an awesome run

I wonder what good memories my daughter will have of me. Today my husband had to stay home with the littlest one so I took the other two to church. Usually one goes to Sunday school while me and the other go to Mass. The last time my hubby had to stay home my daughter "j" and I skipped Mass and went to the coffee shop for a muffin, hot chocolate and coffee. Today she asked if we could do it again. So I dropped "t" off, lied to the nun that we were going to Mass and they we sneaked and ran to the car ("RUN NOW") so the Sister wouldn't see us. Then we had an excursion to Trader Joe's, and Dunkin Donuts. On the way back she told me how much she loved skipping church. What a role model I turned out to be. I wouldn't "cut" church if they got some good and/or younger priests and the whole sicko priest scandal is really pissing me off. (for about 3 years now) I could post on and on about the this, but that's just to deep.


I ran (alone) 7.24 miles in 1 hr 7 min. 1st mile 9.05 and 6 to 7 mile in 9.45 min. Getting them a little bit more even. Did the killer hill routine. Loved it! No pain and no walking to speak of. Then again I popped two (2) Ibuprofen before the run. Checked the label and I was only suppose to do one. Oh well. I also did a trail run on Saturday with my running partner. Actually it was more of a fat burning run b/c we ran it pretty slow and easy. I do love how hard xc is. My partner liked it also. Told me how much harder it was, but easier on the 'ole legs. While skipping church I drove by the xc course I'm competing on Saturday. Some chick was booking up the hill, basically she's going to kick my ass. I'm obsessed about doing shitty at this race. If it were a regular 5k road race I wouldn't care about it. I wish I had more time to run the trail the race is on or just practice trail running in general. That whole week I was sick really messed up my schedule.

Oh the 5 year old b-day party turned out great. Those little boys crack me up. There was a lull in the party so I had T open his gifts. There were enough power rangers to go around and the kids were loving life. Actually a boy party is easier than a girl party.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

I'm certainly not a medical expert, but I read a few years ago that ibuprofen was hard on your kidneys if you took it before exercise. I was an advil addict but I've switched to tylenol now.

7:48 PM  
Blogger neca said...

This post cracked me up! Whatever the memories are, I hope my son remembers the laughter we've shared. :-)

5:31 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

As a lifelong RC, I have one word for you, that has CHANGED my life and my feelings towards organized religion:
EPISCOPALIAN. It's exactly like RC: only waaaay smarter! (yeah, they do have that whole schism gay thing going on, but only in a few churches.) You will be shocked at how identical the services are to Catholic ones.

:)

(And I LOVED the skipping church with your daughter! She WILL remember this fondly, and she will mostly remember how much fun she had with you. So, a good thing!)

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home