Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Finally

It's about time. I finally got to the gym to exercise. I skipped my usual hamstring workout and went right to HIIT on the treadmill. Sweated my ass off for 20 minutes. So sweet. I did a ton of core and just worked my triceps. My cold is getting better. The sore throat is gone and so is much of the snot and congestion. I actually slept Monday night/Tuesday morning w/out waking up and sleeping in a sitting position so I could breathe. I'm reading for a good run on Thursday. I have been noticing more runners on my long/hill route lately. It is interesting that these people are also risking their life and limb by crossing over the highway construction from hell. I actually dropped the first 1.5 miles off my route b/c I thought I was the only crazy runner in my town. Now there are two others. This is good b/c it keeps me up to 7 miles not 5 miles.

I decided that I love the show Medium. I really truly relate to the main character. We both have 3 kids, the older two kids fight all the time, (over the dumbest stuff) our mornings are totally crazy, the house is usually in some disorganized/organized mess, husbands are good helpers and half the time I need a beer to relax. Other than that she has a cool job (psyhic) I have a totally boring job (acct) Her husband has a greatl job (math nerd/rocket scientist) My husband works for a company that probably makes parts that are on a rocket. Sometimes I think I need validation from the TV that I'm not losing it in suburbia. My neighbor informed me today that painted paneling is so 70's and should be ripped down and drywalled. OK, thanks so much for putting me down. My paneling isn't even painted (not allowed to) and I'm not THAT discusted by it. Let me tell you 1970 will come back in style before I die. So there. Dick. (i hate people that always get their digs in you somehow, someway) There are about 10 nasty things on the tip of my tongue....he's lucky (or I am) that pms has passed. I just have to think of my 2 SIL homes that are worth (one in the millions and the other about a million) that have painted and unpainted paneling in them. Houses that aren't being remodeled/redecorated/repainted every year. Houses that are lived in and not immaculate. Houses that feel like home, not a pottery barn/ethan allen/company store/whatever catolog. I would like a maid though. My SIL have that. Soon I will have 3 maids working for me. Three (3) maids that fight and bitch that it's not fair that they have to clean the house.

On another speech impediment note: I got home yesterday and my father told me I needed to work on T's x's. Why I asked. My father asked T to say "fox". Nice and loud T looked at me and said "FUCK". Great....will have to ask the speech therapist how to fix that one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zara said...

1. Good job on the exercise!
2. I also love Medium. And also want a maid.
3. Just keep T away from Dr. Suess and the zoo until that gets worked out, and everything will be fine. ;)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Medium has grown on me too. I wish I was home more often to watch it (stupid training gets in the way...).
I'm worried that nay kids we have will come out swearing like sailors -- my husband has the worst potty mouth!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home