Thursday, December 01, 2005

Found my zen?

Ok. The pissy fit/rant whatever is over. Things got so much better on Wednesday that I should of played the lottery. Hubby's car went from $500 down to $50. I still need new brakes though. The stove ignighter switch ($299 with labor...and it took him 10 minutes to do it) is an early Christmas present. And finally Lost was actually back to it's fantastic writing. Or maybe it was because the Ana Lucia character was only on for a couple minutes.

I think all my anger and hysterics can be attributed to several things. A bad workout and weak goals. First, since I don't have smoking anymore (God, I miss it somedays) cardio and weights are my salvation. I had a 30 min hard core eliptical in my head and ended up doing a bouncy sprint routine for 17 minutes. I could not get any of my money frustrations out. I don't even think I sweated on Tuesday. Now my weak goals. I have two goals...lose 10lbs and run a 1/2 marathon in 2 hours. Those are pretty lame goals if you ask me. I need more detailed goals. I'm reading an excellent book on goal setting. I will put a link to the book on this website if I think it is worthy. Another problem I seem to be having and fits in with my pissy rant is uncontrollable circumstances. I don't do well with change. For example the breaking down of everything in the house throws me for a loop, then the construction that is not going on was frustrating the hell out of me. Actually I got that moving, by doing it myself the other day. Husband somehow became a perfectionist within 24 hours and took down my wainscoting work and redid it. I thought it looked fine, but he was unimpressed. I'm still not impressed with his carpentry skills, but that is to be expected since I can be a real bitch. I would love a nail gun though. ($300) Hammering nails is for the birds.

I ran Thursday. My goal was 5 miles and I only did 3. My knee was killing me and I will no longer run through some types of pain. Knee pain being the main one. I am in desperate need of new sneakers though. I'm hoping I can hold out through December. I got an awesome eliptical workout today. Damn it was good. I did my usual hill profile and sprinted on the hills. According to the machine I burned 430 calories. I decided on the eliptical to set up gym goals (my epiphany when the heartrate hit 170) every week. I need to get back into "diet" mode too. This will be hard during the holidays. I might just set the goal to maintain my weight until Jan 1. My Irish side has dissapeared and the Italian side is out in full force. I'm beginning cooking mode this weekend. I'm attempting the whole baking/cookie thing again (God, help me) doing the wedding soup, apps etc for Christmas eve. I like to plan early on all this.

I will also try to get at least a 7 mile run in over the weekend. I'm really looking forward to that. It would be nice to get an early run in, but hunting season is in force and we have Church on Sundays so an afternoon run it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home