Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ouch, Ack and quit being a wuss

Ouch:

I worked my core yesterday for the first time in at least a month. I have that nice"ouch" feeling this morning. Which reminds me how much a muscle will go to fat if you don't keep working it. (and I only did maybe 15 min of core work yesterday) I got my bikini catologin the mail yesterday, need to do core work daily if I want to have a stomach half as good as those 20 year olds.

Ack:

My WW weight on Friday the 23rd (in jeans mind you!) was 145. My weight on the scale this morning (naked, mind you!) was 150. My weight on Saturday the 24th was 143 (naked) so either way I either put on 5-7lbs on in 5 days. I ate 3500 extra each day. Well who cares. I'm hoping it's that 'ole water weight and will be off my frame by New Years Eve. I've set up a 5 mile run with a neighbor this afternoon. I'm skipping out of work early to get it done. It won't be fast, but at least I'm out there.

Quit being a wuss:

I watched "Real Sports" on HBO last night and finally saw the story about the Hoyt's . Everyone seems to already know their story, but watching them on TV just made me cry. The father is amazing. I actually sat there after the show was over and thought I can do a triathalon. This from the girl who yesterday said she will not run another 1/2 marathon ever again (before she even runs her first). I don't know how many mom's out there have tried to run with a jogging stroller, if you have you know it is hard as hell. Even riding a bike with a kid in it is hard. I can't even imagine swimming (in the ocean) pulling a kid in a boat for 1 -2.8 miles. Not a 40lb child either. I think when he trains without his son he puts 80lbs in the stroller and he's 65 years old! Anyhow the point of this rambling is ... I have been a wuss. It's time to stop and get busy.

4 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Awesome attitude!!!

7:41 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Swimming and tugging along a boat!? Omg! Oh, I hear you about jogging with a stroller!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Hey, I'm up 3 lbs too! Friggin' Christmas...

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. java roulette car prices Best sport bets online information Black skin care acne products Asthma and ibs Patent centre legal chevrolet dealers Ambien mental side effects Budget rent a car albuquerque dirty stories credit card Legal prescription drug Eyewear japanese Discover didrex

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home