Sunday, January 15, 2006

Peggy Fleming

why is this hag still allowed to comment on the olympic hopefuls. Does getting a gold medal in 1960 something give her the right to critique these new skaters? I don't even think they could do a triple much less a double back then. I would rather hear whoever won a medal in the past 4 olympics then Peggy Fleming tell me what is going on. Argh. It's the simple things in life that piss me off.

I finally got a run in today. 6 miles in 57 minutes. Not award winning. It started out as worst runner ever #7 and actually I will title it worst run ever #6a. The start of the run is uphill (which I am so not used to) We ended up in a 10 mile race also. That was nice. For 30 seconds I know what a really fast runner feels like when he runs behind a motorcycle cop. I like that feeling. Oh well, dream on. What was really cool, is that Bons and I were the only girls on the course for awhile and people thought we were running it. One lady goes "great form" and some guy yelled at me b/c he thought I was cheating the course. I said "thanks for thinking I was that good for being in 15th place overall". Reality hit later on the way back at their mile 7 when I decided to try to keep "their" pace (by this time i'm behind #40, 50 oh who knows ) and uh, I suck. I gave up after 10 strides. I'm still kicking it in at mile 4 though. I seem to lose most of my running partners at that time. We had some 40 mile wind gusts going up the "hill" I think for a couple of seconds we might have been running backwards. I'm not holding to the 2 hour time anymore. For one if the weather is like it was today, forgetaboutit. 2nd I need to get this thyroid under control. I don't want to blame all my problems on my thyoid (but given the chance I will) It really is getting worse. I'm having some serious ITB problems also. The pain was stabbing me in both legs today. Tomorrow is a cross train day. It was originally sprints, but that's out now. So those are my three things. I'm going to train for 2 hours, but will not get pissed off if I finish in 2:05.

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

6 miles is 6 miles! If you think of all of the people that can't even run a mile without stopping, you should be proud of your 6! Good run.

9:11 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I agree. Good run. Well done.

11:50 AM  
Blogger TriZilla said...

Three strikes... Sounds like a good plan... That, and: Ice, ice baby! :)

Sounds like a fun race/run, too.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home