Sunday, January 08, 2006

"I...........need..............to..................train..................this.
............course............every.............week.
........................I suck......................." Those were my exact words (the ...... is me gasping for air) today, going up a hill on my half course after some dude ran by me. It wasn't a pretty run, I have no idea how far I went. My time probably was about 10 min a mile. It ended up going from a long run (6+ miles) to a serious hill run. I saw more runners today than I have seen since I started this whole drama in May 2005. I have a feeling that a lot of them were running the half course too. I will be out there every week from now on. I found out my friend that got me into this prediciment and who I beat at the last 5k we raced (she was shocked by this) now has a running coach. WTF? Ok I am jealous b/c how cool would that be, but I'm a little perterbed (sp) by the whole thing. Maybe she wants to kick my ass? I don't know.

Oh, on a side note to my crappy run. I'm Catholic so I've been brought up with much Catholic guilt. I went running while the family went to church. We drove to church they went in to worship I went out to run slow mileage. Anyhow, I come back and the guilt sets in. (eg "how will God strike me down for this sin?") I meet my hubby outside of church and take the baby from him while he takes the girl to Sunday school and picks up #2 from School. What happens? I trip over my shoes and fall ON TOP OF THE BABY. You could here his head hit the pavement. Poor thing. I'm freaking out, hubby takes the baby and sends me in to drop #1 off and p/u #2. I'm fricken dressed in running gear. I look like an idiot (I go to a very, very wealthy church...why when we aren't?...long ass story) I drop my daughter off. Then the nun (sister imelda...these ladies still scare the shit out of me, and why can't they have pretty names like sister cecilia or sister maria?) corners me looks me up and down and tells me the baby is screaming. No Shit! Finally I'm allowed the get #2 out of class while everyone else looks at the sinner who failed to go to church today. Yes I got struck down in record time.

My final thought on this oh-so-boring post. We went to Costco yesterday and what is the deal with the "vultures" there. You know the people I'm talking about, they put some sliver of De1 Giorno pizza out and all the people run you and your kids over to get the slice before you even realize what is going on. Are people that desperate for a free taste of food? I'm serious. Ok I might run someone down if there was a free filet mignon with grilled veggies, garlic mashed potatoes, bananas foster and a bottle of Arrowwood Cab (1995) But for a sliver of pizza, get a grip people. Then again, why do my kids think Costco boiled hot dogs are "the bomb"? Yeck

5 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

I laughed lots at your "oh-so-boring post". Sounds like sprints to the Costco buffet line - does that count as intervals for those people?

Running coach? Works for some, but I think most people hire a running coach because they subconsciously think they can pay their way to a better time. Keep up with your hill work and you'll be fine - coach or not, there is no substitute for running the distance yourself!

Maybe avoid running on a Sunday though.

1:28 AM  
Blogger TriZilla said...

You just said bananas foster, didn't you? Ohmygoodness...

I'm catholic too, and even though I converted late in life, I got that guilt too. Not sure what happened with that!

I agree with Tryathlete, though, this wasn't boring at all! I'm sure you hurt more than your little one :)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... nfl betting http://www.icfluoxetine20mg.info/Stevensjohnsonsyndromewellbutrin.html Hhp barcode scanners Arkansas state soccer association Voip crm pbx overhead Grapic card intel 8285282855 gmgme graphic contr Plastic surgery illinois

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Angura sweaters shirt club gay chat management training Glucosamin vitamins Black gone interracial love marriage when white Associations incorporations act coleman camping stoves backpacks for kids Xanax cocaine liver failure software affiliate program

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home