Thursday, January 26, 2006

7

Yes. I had worst run ever #7 today. I walked every mile. My legs screamed at me for not keeping up the stretching routine and for doing half assed stretching before I went out. I actually did "fake" stretches on a road (mile 3) b/c I didn't want all the drivers to think I was a true loser. All in all 3 miles in about 29 minutes. The first mile was 9.32, 8.58 and so on. I think part of the reason for such a crappy run was the crappy food I ate these past two days. Not many calories mind you, just not real healthy food choices. For example: white bread, with fake butter for bfast, yogurt for snack along with peanuts at the hair salon and diet soda. Lunch was progresso soup with whole wheat crackers and 8 oz of water. Then I went running. Yeah it could be my food choices.

I finally got a haircut. I should get my haircut more often b/c when I finally do it, I'm like chop it all off and color it. So now I have short dark hair. When did "rich brown" become the new black. My husband is in 7th heaven b/c my hair is dark. Bleck, I hate it. Oh well it's just hair.

The speech therapist mentioned that my son might have apraxia. Just kinda threw it out there. Nothing big. I asked what the heck is that? She said "oh, something about facial muscles not getting the right signal blah, blah, blah. It was so matter of fact I didn't really listen. Of course there is my "google" and that brings up so/too much information. Not to bore everyone, but it's a neurological disorder. Can be extremely serious (special schools etc) I don't know where David falls into this. My husband (ever the optomist) thinks he's on the light end. I'm wondering (which I always have) could it be that fall down the stairs at around 6 months? I don't know. What I do know is that we are starting speech early and that is the best thing we could of done. Now we (family) have to work with him every day. This is not going to be as easy as son #2 learning how to talk.

I have my long run Saturday. I hope it's better than todays. I don't plan on walking & running for 6-7 miles.

3 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I'm a little behind, but your gym post had me cracking up. I have the same feelings about the people that hog the treadmills walking when there is a track available upstairs that was apparently designed for the walkers and not the runners. Clogs? That is funny. ...and the naked woman in the mirror, uh yeah, that sucks. Years ago when I used to go to a different gym, there was this little over 65 yr old lady. She thought she was younger (was dating a guy in his 30s) and used to strutt around naked in the locker room. She even went as far as putting her legs on the counter in front of the mirror to apply lotion while I was washing my hands. Then she'd want to sit and have a conversation w/you....remember she was naked. That is so not cool.

Your running is going well. Chalk up the bad runs as part of the whole process. IT definitely makes the good runs GREAT.

10:16 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

How was that a bad run?? I must be missing something...i'd kill for times like that!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I always go for oats before I have a long run. From my experience they are excellent for energy.

Have a good run Saturday. :)

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home