Wednesday, January 25, 2006

perspective

caution: political post.

I could blog about not running, gaining weight, thyroids etc. I will continue to blog about all that stuff. Life isn't all that bad. Not for me anyway. I'm going to copy something I read in the paper almost every day. I make sure I read it. I can't be the only one reading it.

Names of the Dead

The Department of Defense has confirmed the deaths of the following Americans yesterday:

ARRELANOPANDURA, Carlos, 22, Cpl, Marines; Los Angles; First Marine Division.
CALAPINI, Lewis T.D., 21, Pvt., Marines; Waipahu, Hawaii; Anti-Terrorism Battalion, Fourth Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Second Marine Expeditionary Force.
DEWEY, Brandon, 20, Lance Cpl., Marines;SanJoaquin, Calif.;First Marine Divison.
McELROY, Brian, 28, Staff Sgt., Air Force; San Antonio; Third Security Forces Squandron.
NORTON, Jason L., 32, Tech Sgt., Air Force; Miami Olka; Third Security Forces Squadron.
SCOTT, Joshua A., 24, Lance Cpl., Marines; Tunnel Hill, Ga.; Fourth Marine Expeditionary Brigade, Second Marine Expeditionary Force.

End.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

I think those who sign up to join the military should recognise that death might be an end result of the job.

Still, it is never nice, as a soldier, to have your life manipulated according to the whims of politicians, and to be thought of as a mere statistic.

9:48 AM  
Blogger m said...

Thanks try. Somedays I read these names and they just move me. When I read these I wonder if all the Marines new each other. What were they doing right before they died? Then they are so young. That really gets me. My husband keeps telling me they knew what could happen when they signed up (he did ages ago) but it just sucks.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home