Thursday, January 19, 2006

Fartleks rock

Yeah right. No actually they don't rock, but I've decided that I like them because when it is a speed day I ONLY have to run 3 miles. No pushing myself to run 4-5 miles. My times were ok yesterday. My first mile felt like it was about 10+ minutes. Ever feel like you are running so slow, like you have a couple bags of flour on you? That's how I felt and was shocked that I ran the first mile in 8.49. Then it was off to speed work. I did have a hard time with the 30 sec sprints in the beginning. I could barely do 20 seconds. Got my act, ass, legs and lungs in gear and did much better with the whole thing during mile 2. I'm sticking with the 30sec sprint, 30sec walk, and 30sec jog repeat sequence. Tomorrow is a long run. I have 2 running partners (that are doing the race with me) We are set for another 6 mile run. I'll probably lose them around mile 3-4 and am going to add another mile to bring it to 7.

I've also been stretching 3x a day. Nothing big in the morning and afternoon. Just 5-10 min here are there. Since I've gone ga-ga over hamstring and ITB stretching I let the shins go. I need to concentrate on both.

Oh, I lied. (I don't feel like finding my quote) But, I hate wood paneling. It will never come back as long as sane people run the design world. I kept trying to tell myself it didn't look THAT bad. Then I found a picture of my husband in a plaid shirt, on the plaid couch with the wood paneling in the backround. Reality set in and my den belongs in 1972. Actually that is about the time my den was built. There has not been one change since then and NO changes are allowed. I begged him to let me paint the room red (b/c that's close to the color of wood paneling right?) and I got a big fat NO. This is his room and it's staying that way. I can do what I want to the rest of the house. He did say I could replace the paneling with new paneling if I would like to. Which, yeah I could get into the high end stuff (mahagany, cherry) but since we are still working on the bead board in the laundry room (which is 1/8 the size of the den) and that is taking 2+ months, I don't think so. If I only married a metrosexual instead of a ubersexual there would be no problem with this picture, right? Well, that would never happen, because I find Tom Cruise offensive looking and George Clooney to die for. Also I couldn't stand it if my husband took longer than me to go out and I don't want him to have more hair products than I do. (not possible)

The speech work with my youngest is going nowhere. Basically if you walk by our house and you get past the wood paneling you will hear me in the kitchen going "more, please, moo" over and over again. More and please for signing and moo to get him to say the mmmm sound. He thinks the "please" sign is hysterical. Then he runs away laughing while I chase him going 'moo, moo".

That's it with life. Have a great weekend.