Thursday, February 09, 2006

Training woes

Ok I got my period. Much better.

My training woes. It is so damn cold. Who the heck wants to run? Today was freezing and for about 2 hours I felt like I had been kicked in the ribs or I had bruised my lung. No training run today. Lately, I've only gotton 2 runs and 1 gym day a week in. This is not how it is suppose to be. I really wish this half marathon would be in April or May instead of March. I'm not into cold weather training. While driving today on my one of my routes I saw this chick in a Suburban drive down the shoulder while on her phone and looking down at something. She would of either plowed me down or I would still be stuck in some brush along the highway. I might try to get a gym day tomorrow so at least I got 3 workout days in this week. Even though I've put on 5lbs (I'm blaming it on the thyroid) you can't tell. It's in the boobs and stomach. My jeans still look damn good. I just DON'T want to run with these extra 5lbs for the race. I'm terrified that it will end up being 10lbs extra. I have decided that if I got up another 5 the race is off. It could be water retention (hopefully) and that I'm not drinking enough water. I mean who the heck wants to chug water in the freezing cold, especially on the days you work and you have to keep a ski coat on b/c the boss refuses to turn up the heat.

I was watching some of that show with couples competing to lose weight. The biggest loser! Ok. The girl on the red team is 5 lbs heavier than me! WTF? My husband looked at her and asked how tall she was? I figured she was 4'10" because there is no way we are that close in weight. And the other girl ran a 1/2 tri. Again my husband was watching that and said "if she can do it, you surely could kick her ass". Did I mention I love him? Well we didn't watch all that much of the show b/c I'm addicted to Lost (my husband to Kate) and Lost is much more interesting than people exercising. It seems like a good show though. Will catch more of it when Lost does reruns. Which is about every two weeks. Bastards.

3 Comments:

Blogger TriZilla said...

I saw that Biggest Loser... That was a good one! They were so freakin' tiny when they came back, I thought for sure the blue team would win! :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

I brought a space heater into work. keep it on all the time. much better. and yes, running in the cold is no fun, but usually, once i get going, i'm ok. and i can so relate to the lady in in the SUV drinking the coffee and chattin' away on the cell! Well, can't relate TO her, but have seen her many many times. This is why I stick to trails and roads with sidewalks.

p.s. I love LOST, too.

7:36 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I hate chugging water down when it's cold. I go for decaf tea. I find that helps. And I don't like running in the cold either!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home