Wednesday, March 22, 2006

oh boy

two weeks without working out and I feel completely out of shape. Is that possible? I ran sprints on the treadmill today while daughter #1 had swimming lessons. (that is after the stupid slow walker got off it) I did it, but my heart rate got up to 170. Ack. I felt very fat for some reason. My gym membership is over (sob) at the end of the month. Back to the great outdoors. Actually I will miss the gym for weight training, but tonight when I went in it was packed and I'm not good with crowds. I had to get on one of the older treadmills for 5 minutes and whatever program I picked I had to put my age into and it wouldn't let me run over 4.5 until it checked my heart rate. Please. On a better note. I am completely healed (yeah me!) and have a 5k at the end of April.

Our truck died again. Dh would kill for a new, used, small, dented anything pickup truck. No, no no. I need to stick it to the man. We are buying a car that gets 34 mpg and is a stick shift. It is small as anything, and I won't be able to get three car seats in it but I'm getting it anyway. We have the SUV for carpools, surf fishing, home depot and hunting. I test drove a Chevy HHR (very retro car) today and since it's a 4 cylinder (i'm used to 8) I wanted to see what kinda pickup it had. I think the car salesman almost had a heart attack. Good thing he doesn't drive with me all the time. He'd be a corpse in about an hour. The car we are most likely getting is another 4 cylinder with 120 horsepower. I was going up a hill in it and tried to floor it and .....well....didn't get much past 40 on the hill. That car salesman thought that was pretty funny. At least he didn't try to talk me out of the manual transmission or put me in a small SUV b/c "that what all the ladies that come in here like" I hate buying cars.

Lost is on...gotta go!

5 Comments:

Blogger neca said...

Yeah, I feel that was when I slack off for a bit. I am planning to buy some exercise bands or something to take with me on vacation so I don't turn into a marshmallow! (Well, more marshmallow-esqua than I already am!)

5:27 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Any intention to run another half? Or a full one?

7:53 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

I don't like car shopping... but then I like to have my input cuz hubby's taste is far different than mine!

Yeah, I didn't renew my gym membership either. Spring is approaching, so I'll take it to the roads and trails...

Have fun training for your 5K

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog.

I am an avid Blog Reader and came across yours.
I am really interested in anything about How to Buy a Car Online

If you are interested, you may like to check out my site:

How to Buy a Car Online

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work craps spyware detector Roulette texas apartments infiniti Marriott time share resales in hawaii Adult free movie daily 300c chrysler call center Jim finigan baseball player zithromax Pictures of liposuction surgery Obligation free credit score online Aspirin pain relief for dogs Lexapro indications dosage storage stability High gear altimeter watch Ativan lorazepam - the crazy meds run down homeowners insurance small business web site design Wellbutrin straterra

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home