Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fast decluttering

I ran today. I ran 3+ miles. In the summer heat I was running about 9:40 pace. Today in the fall sun I ran a 9:02 pace. I pushed myself harder than normal. Had some small hills and my feet felt like they were a size 20 shoe, but I ran fast(er) than those slow summer times. Yea!

During my summer siesta (September and October) I have:

Given 4 large bags of clothes to charity.


Donated old books to another charity.


Dontated all old sheets, pillows, towels, blankets and other doggie stuff to the humane society.


Have a large laundry basket filled with clothes to sell at a fundraiser for my son's preschool. Whatever doesn't sell gets donated.

Realized while shopping for Tom Collins drink glasses that as consumers we are being sold so much crap that we don't need. And yes I need the Tom Collins drink glasses b/c I like "the Collins" and there is nothing better than diet coke in one of those glasses.

Realized that my dog is eating my pricey tulip bulbs that I just freakin planted. Does this mean she is going to grow a tulip out her a** this spring or will one just flow from her poop?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dog, Mary. I believe that he came from the same litter that our lab, Biscuit, came from. Don't ask me how a 100 pound dog finds himself named Biscuit...it wasn't our fault. But he loves snacking on underwear and flower bulbs as well.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pace on your 3 miler!

3:27 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Congratulations on the quick times. Hurray for home detox!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home