Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday morning

Wake up late. Which is 7:30 am. Go downstairs. This is what I see.

Family room: My children watching cartoon network. (which is not the cartoons I approve of) Youngest on floor with no underwear on. Dog laying near son eating said underwear.

I go into the bathroom and I have luggage under my eyes. I have never looked so bad.

We have no milk. Youngest can't have cereal and he is pissed off. Make do and give him cereal with half and half and water. Loves it.

Dog comes in with my running sock in her mouth. Will NOT drop it. Will NOT open mouth. I can't even pry mouth open. Somehow I remove sock.

It is 79 in the house and 69 degrees outside. How is this possible?

Get lunches ready, start to drip in sweat. Kids brushed their teeth without me asking. This is a first.

Hang laundry. It starts to drizzle/rain.

Get kids on bus. Youngest wants chocolate milk. Explain again that we have no milk. Youngest is pissed off AGAIN. Offer Sunny D. He is happy. I would like to know what is in Sunny D. What ingrediant in it when spilled will not come out of carpet. I have the best carpet cleaners money can buy. I know all the tricks of getting wine stains out (damp salt) and any stain imaginable for that matter. Sunny D...I haven't figured it out.

Made it into work. The AC is on.

Happiness.

(** did you know that 12 years ago or so I was in Egypt ... it was 117 degrees on the Nile. I was on the boat tanning for about an hour. I spent close to two weeks in the hot, blinding sun and it didn't bother me. I was contemplating this on the way to work. I find it fascinating)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

You were in relax mode then, it's okay to be hot when you are chilling on the nile.

It sucks being hot when you are dealing with dogs and kids and house work shit.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanning doesn't count. You're lying still, not hanging laundry. Betcha if you went back, you'd still deal with it fine.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Oh stain queen -- how do I get carrot vomit and dog piss out of my carpet?

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home