Friday, November 02, 2007

Training

I have to have a training program. I decided this at 8 am this morning. I had a training program with I did the half marathon and training programs for 5k races and XC races. The problem is I don't have any desire to run races. I'm too competitive. I push myself to the extreme and almost have a heart attack. There is an XC race on November 24th I could do. Problem is I did it so poorly last year. The course is extremely hard and the hills are obnoxious. You know when they call one hill "bitch" it's pretty bad. The only reason I'm even debating the run is I want the shirt. I'm materialistic that way.

So I have packed my running clothes and brought them into work. I will run xc trails today. I have no watch so I will run until I get back to the car. It could be 20, 30, 40 minutes. It's a start. My plan is to xc run 2x a week. I could go home first and pavement run, but then I don't enjoy the run b/c I know my father is watching my youngest and my youngest is probably bugging the shit out of him. If I skip that step I will enjoy my run.

Mondays I will do the elliptical (30 min) and swim (30 min) Tuesday (xc run) Wed (pavement run and maybe swim at night) Thursday (off) Friday (xc run) Saturday (pavement run).

There is 10 miler in January that I might have to put on my calendar. It'll keep me "clean" during the holiday season.

Family is great. Kids have been wonderful. My friend/neighbor is moving Monday. I am so bummed. I want her to stay, but she needs to move. It's a whole deal with her controlling soon-to-be exhusband. It is for the best for all involved for her to move. At least it's not to far. I told her today that since she is moving I should drop 5lbs asap. This chick makes the best desserts I have ever tasted. I can't stop myself. I have actually sat at her kitchen table with her eating out of a box of "trix" cereal. And they thought sahm's ate bon-bons.

Great weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

I remember the bitch hill photos from last time. Even from looking at them, I didn't fancy trying to run that hill.

Good luck with the training plan.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary--I need to get my ass in gear myself. I have eaten forty loads of halloween candy. I am probably not going to be ready for that 8K, but I'm taking myself out for a run today to see if I can handle it. It's motivating to know I'm not the only one trying out there in the cold. I AM SO GLAD YOUR FRIEND IS MOVING. But I'm sorry that you will be without her close by. It sucks when people move away. Will you still get to see her often?

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home