Wednesday, December 05, 2007

First, I'm really kind of bummed that I haven't gotton out to run at all lately. I love cold weather running and I just don't have time to do it.

Monday I managed to get some treadmill sprints going for 30 minutes. 7:30 pace on the sprints and 11 min+ pace for the down time. I burned 300 calories vs 500 for the same workout on the ARC. I'm not quite understanding that one. I swam some laps while David was in his swim lesson also. I think they are too slow with lessons at the Y. He should be doing some kind of freestyle stroke every lesson. They just have him on the kickboard. I'm a bit impatient.

Today is tree shopping!!! Once I took my husband tree shopping. He's not a good tree shopper. I like to look at the tree's, line them up, discuss the trees and spend at least 30 minutes deciding the pro's and cons of the trees. My husband wants no part of that. Get a Spruce cheapo tree and lets get the hell home. See right there...spruce? WTF, only a Frazer Fur will enter the house. For the past 9 years I take my father. I learned tree buying from him and he's into it. Once when he was 11 he made his parents take the tree back b/c it wasn't right. And I wonder where Tommy get's it from.

I'm also not that mom that lets her kids decorate the tree. It's not this fun family time (at first). I must decorate the front, and sides and analyze it overnight. Make adjustments. Then the kids can finish it. Which is weird b/c I'm easy going, low maintenance and am not anal about really anything. Just "the tree". There's got to be a word for that. (other than the mean mom or the bitch) Analtreedecordork. Because it really is kinda dorky to be anal about sprucing up a tree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Oh thank fudge I have found another mother who is anal about the tree!! People think I'm nasty not to let the kids help but seriously, we are judged on our trees, who cares about the messy house, the tree is the centrepiece!

And all ornaments must co ordinate and be spaced evenly around the tree, and no I do not want the hideous ornaments you made at school on the tree, they look like shit, I'm glad you are proud of them but they deserve to go in the bin, sorry, not fair but neither's life so this is a life lesson.

8:22 PM  
Blogger m said...

Ha, ha!!!! Oh you made my morning!!!!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home