Monday, November 12, 2007

meet / tournament

Loved it!

I wish I had some good pics to post, but it's hard to get a shot with so many people. The one good shot I could of gotton, well I got yelled at b/c the woman behind me couldn't see. Granted she couldn't see, granted she probably got there before me to secure her seat, but I was only standing for 5 seconds before she got all pissy. I sat down.

Julia was seeded to lanes 1 and 8 b/c they have no times for her. Anyone involved in the world of swimming knows the middle lanes are key and the outside lanes guarantee poor times.

Her breaststroke time has improved by 5 seconds over the summer. Backstroke 2 seconds and for some reason I don't have a freestyle time to compare to. I didn't have her do butterfly b/c it's not fun to watch.

All in all a good day and she got a cool ass shirt out of it. Well I bought the cool ass shirt for her. I might have to get one for me.

Went to visit my friend that moved. Let's see. Took the back roads b/c they are quicker. Saw two deer (female) cross in front of me. Thought to myself "better go slow, there might be more". 10 seconds later....I see him. A big ass buck out of the corner of my eye ram into the back side of my tiny car. His face is smashed up against the little window. FUCK!

I go up a little further see a rich person's driveway, park and check out the damage. (which is hard when it's pitch black) Hey there is none. Now it's time to check out the deer. I need to turn around. I back up into their mailbox. CRUNCH!! FUCK! Drive away. (yes I drive away)

The deer is not there. I figured he was fine. My husband and I have hit a deer before (rephrase that...the deer ran into our car, the hood, into the windshield then airborne) That one didn't make it. This one did.


Drive back to the mailbox. It's is steel and probably sunk into the ground. It is fine. I'm so fine! Today I open my hatch to get my workout clothes and parts of the taillight come off. Either it's the deer (b/c his antlers scratched up my car very nicely) or the mailbox.

I'm blaming the deer b/c it can't be my fault. And I'm sticking with that story.

Ran sprints for 20 minutes (2 min slow/2 fast) then hill running for 15 more. (treadmill) 24+ laps swimming. Flip turns included.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

With those quick stats, J must take after her mum.

It's funny how you caused more damage than the deer did!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home