Thursday, November 08, 2007

Goals, the news and the bore

I did it. I trail ran yesterday and made it up the "hill" without walking. It was quite ugly. It was almost like that nightmare when you are running and getting nowhere. Though I don't recall my heavy breathing in the nightmare. I was also nipped by some little dog. That's my fault for running in the dog park. I did not kick the dog. I'm nice that way.

Well the hill goal has been accomplished. Now I'm moving on to running the course 2x. Front and back. I'm staying with trail running b/c I find it harder, better on my shins and I have no idea how far I've run. It is one hell of a workout. I'm curious to see if my pavement times improve with this new training. The hills, and the sprints I'm doing on the 'mill should increase my stamina.

Yesterday was the first time I watched 5 min of the nightly news in over 3 years. This isn't b/c I don't like the news. It's just that:
a. I have 3 children
b. One of those is David
c. Swim team/brownies/cub scouts/homework/dog duties
d. I read the NY Times which always seems to be the news in shorter version so why bother.

Anyhow I like Brian Williams so I wanted to see what he had to say. Here is what I got: (while I think I was cleaning dog pee or some other liquid)

The stock market took a huge dive
The dollar is worth shit
GM reported a 39 million dollar loss
Then something with Pakistan.

I turned the news off immediately. I stick with my newspaper.

The bore: I'm posting this last b/c it is a bore. My neighbor is a bore. She is miserable most days. Some days she is really nice. I'm not sure if she is bi-polar b/c those nice days only happen 3x a year.

I've posted about my friend/neighbor that is going through an ugly divorce. I haven't even touched the surface with what she is going through. Short story: She had to move. She couldn't take her (outdoor) cat. The cat has been hanging out at the bore's house recently. She meant to call the bore to see if she wanted the cat. If not, she would find someone else. She didn't get a chance. I told the bore at the busstop. The bore (who wants the cat) went into a huge rant on how my friend is the worst pet owner ever. I explained all the shit she my friend is going through. After I was done the bore's mouth was wide open. Could. NOT. Believe. It. Then she said "well still, that is no excuse" (friend has--no financial support, stalking, harrassing phone calls, nasty emails, drive by's and let's just say my friend could get a restraining order against the new girlfriend and her ex)

Then she asked me about all her kids toys that were over there. (after I went through the above list) The rocket launcher ($7) the plastic baseball bat set ($15) and the frisbee (free from the YMCA) She needed those back. I'm guessing the prices.

The bore called my friend gave her the lowdown on the cat being so hungry it ate a bird. He tried to eat her bread. My friend apologized. The bore wants the cat. The bore called back and left a message about her missing toys. Of course she mentioned the frisbee. It's her kids favorite toy.

I'm sure my friend has some of my toys and I have some of hers. I don't care. I don't keep track of toys. My son's scooter is at her house. We hadn't missed it. It's not b/c we have to many toys or are rich (I think we do, and we definately aren't) It's just that I don't inventory what is gone.

We think the frisbee is in the prickly weeds. What is the bore going to do? Have H go into the weeds and get it? Buy her a new frisbee? It's a frisbee for God's sake! Who the hell misses a frisbee? Am I wrong?

I just don't get this neighbor. I've tried to be nice, but I think after this I'm giving up. To call and leave a nasty message about cheap toys while my friend is going through the divorce from hell is just plain nasty. I don't think I need to be nice to people like that. Pleasant yes. It takes up too much energy to be mean or ignore someone.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

If the bore has some toys at yours that she wants back, just tell her your dog saw them.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must refer to her, in the future as THE BORE....and perhaps we should introduce her to THE SHOOMEN....as they seem to have similar perspectives about life in general and what it means to be a decent neighbor.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home