Saturday, November 10, 2007

pavement

Please take a visit here. He has a wonderful idea brewing and the more people that get interested the better!

I forced myself to run today. I had no desire to run, but I had to keep with the program I instituted. Somehow, someway I ran under a 9 min pace the entire 3. something miles. I know I tracked one mile at 9:30 and another at 8:34.

I know that in the beginning of all runs (the first 6 minutes to one mile) I always think to myself .... "I hate running", "when will this be over" etc. By mile 3 I start thinking of sprint tri's and maybe I could do one. Then I realized I have swim 16 laps in 2+ years and maybe I should get up to 32 pool laps and then decide. This discussion with myself makes .5 miles go pretty fast.

Ok the littlest wants to dress like spiderman so I must fufill his wishes.

2 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

It takes me about 20 minutes of running to get comfy. Of course, if I'm only doing 20 minutes of running, then it's crappy all the way.

A sprint tri should be fun. Just not the "Captain Crunchy Sprint Tri".

7:45 AM  
Blogger Neese said...

that is so funny, I have a very similar experience as I run.. nice job on the pace today!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home