Tuesday, April 01, 2008

You know what pisses me off (today)?

People who borrow your shit and don't return it. The latest is my neighbor who was entertaining and wanted something fancy to showcase cupcakes. I lent her my STERLING SILVER, fancy-pants cookie thing-a-ma-jig. It's a one of a kind (it was my mothers) It's been almost 3 weeks and she hasn't returned the damn thing. WTF? Does she think I'm going to "forget"?

I've had this happen before with another neighbor. She was entertaining and needed fancy-pants salad tongs. She wanted STERLING SILVER. I lent her my MAPLE WOOD-STERLING SILVER salad tongs. Again...one of a kind from my mother. Two (2) months later I called her for them. Like....what was she doing with them? Seriously people. Did she think I would forget? If it were tupperware I could give a crap...but this is serious stuff here.

I'm sitting here wondering where is my neighbor stashing the cupcake/cookie holder. You can't put in a drawer. It's needs a cabinet. You can't leave it in the air (unless you like polishing silver) and I didn't give her the silver bag.

Geesh.

Other than that...it is gorgeous here. Heat is off, windows open and the kids are running around outside like crazy.

Love it. The other thing is still pissing me off though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I know, here's a crazy mother fucking idea. Now don't think I'm too off the wall with this one.

How's about you pop next door and say, hey beeyoatch, I need my fancy schmancy thingy majingy, I'm entertaining!!

I know, out there but maybe worth it??

3:29 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ok..It's time to reclaim your stuff! I agree w/ you. Do your neighbors think that you'll have a "senior moment" & forget that you lent them the stuff?! Yet another reason why I keep to myself & don't get chummy w/ my neighbors.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home