Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Issues

As a family we have issues with certain things.

Crockpots:
I love crockpots. I love putting all the food in them and coming home to a cooked dinner and deliciously smelling house. My husband has issues with the lids. Meaning, he likes to break the lids. That is my take on it. Within 2 months of a new crockpot the lid breaks. I could go drive to the store that sells replacement lids. Sure I could do that. I have a feeling that replacement crockpot lids are like coffee pot carafes. You break one of those and a new one costs $30. Mind you the whole coffee thing cost you $45. Who would of thought the thing that actually makes the coffee is the cheap part? We just buy a whole new coffee brew system when the carafe breaks. We improvise on the crockpot and use a stock pot lid instead. It works. Sooner or later the ceramic bowl will break. David broke the last one. He wanted to wash it. It was already washed and drying. So now I need a new crockpot. I think we are on crockpot #3 or #4 in 10 years.

Cookie Jars:
Major issues here. Let's see we had the following jars:

Winnie the Pooh. Joe broke that one.
Winnie the Pooh II. I broke that one and we glued it back together. It broke again.
Pillisbury Dough Dude. One of the kids broke that.
Weird looking orange cookie jar. Kids broke that. See winnie the Pooh II.
Cheap glass jar with lid. David broke that one.
Enamel Stock Pot. Let's see anyone in this family break that. I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

Peanut butter and chocolate chips.

I put on 3-4 lbs. I couldn't figure it out. I eat healthy. It's the above. I have an issue with that. Throw a few chips in the peanut butter jar, get a spoon and you know the rest. Yes there is a repeat process also. It's a sickness. A 4 pm sickness.

Webkinz:

My kids have these. For awhile there we let them get really, really sick, hungry and lonely (the online ones) Brandy likes to eat the ones in reality. The kids have been back online playing. I came in a saw that T was low on funds. So I started playing in the Arcade, Artys and Quizzy's Corner. I've decided that it is therapy at it's cheapest. Sure a glass of wine, beer, sips of limoncello is more adult, but not near as challenging as "lugbotz", "get home after dark", or "goober's lab". Yes I'm 40ish not 7. I figure it keeps me away from the peanut butter debacle.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I know the peanut butter story.

10:17 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I love crockpots. There's less to wash up. Not sure about broken lids though.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I used my crockpot for the first ever time yesterday. I threw in a couple of chicken breasts, sliced onion, dessertspoon of curry powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, a can of apricots and covered it all in real chicken stock, had it with mashed potatoes with garlic. It was beautiful. I had to thicken it with rice flour though as I was out of cornflour and let's just say that rice flour sucks arse as a thickener.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Now. You need to figure a way to have those webkinz games generate a calorie burn. Then? You are home free, my friend. It's all peanut butter heaven....

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

And on another note, I eat choccie chips like a mofo. Luckily for me Phoebe is allergic to peanuts so we can't have peanut butter in the house.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thx for stopping by my blog!

I can relate to your crockpot story - specifically when you compare it to coffee makers.

We have been going through coffee makers like there is no tomorrow. We were breaking pots left and right, so we actually started buying them two at a time. Then the coffee maker finally died and we switched to a stainless steel carafe. it had a 30day warranty and died on day 30. Now we're on our second.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Unfortunately if something breaks in my home I have no one to blame but me..Even though you're 40-ish & not 7 you're still young at heart!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home