Monday, March 03, 2008

Swim

1/2 mile swim in under 20 minutes. Is that good? I have no idea. 10 lap sets around 4:38-5+ min with 1 minute rest breaks. I lost count in the second set, so I either screwed myself out of two laps or added two laps. Sprinted the last 50 in 46 seconds. Is that good? I'm going to try to get that down to 40 seconds. One of the fast 8 or 9 years olds almost beat me. I'm going with steroid use on that one. (i'm joking)

Dear God why did I have a third child? Gotta go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Sounds good to me. But then again I swim just for fun(since my breathing & form sucks & I know just enough to keep from drowning)..;-)

5:49 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I googled Ironman splits and went with the first set of results:

http://www.duathlon.com/articles/1130

Top guy does 1.2 miles in 46:16, so 1/2 mile under 20 puts you within the top 10 men!

9:26 AM  
Blogger m said...

I must of done something wrong then. There is no way I'm that fast. I calculated 70 laps is one mile (25 yard pool) Maybe it's 140 laps is one mile. More research. Thanks for the link.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home