Sunday, February 24, 2008

My ass

Today my husband said (and I quote)

"at least I don't sit on my ass every Sunday and miss church"

This was after I complained to him about the amount of money he feels we should give to the church every week. If we were down to our last $10 he would give them $7.

There are several reasons I don't go to church. They are as follows:

The sex abuse scandal.
I don't feel like listening to a pompous old man.
I don't feel like listening to a man that is on death's door.
David. Have you seen the original exorcist? Need I say more?
I think I'm more of a Methodist than a Catholic.

I will go back to church. David is older and passed the exorcist stage. I'm just really pissed off at my husband right now. Sit on my ass....I just cleaned the kitchen, did a load of wash, organized a portion of the garage and NOW I'm sitting on my ass typing.

Tommy asked me yesterday if he had to go to college. I said "no". His response was "cool!" and then he informed me he is going to buy a van and chase tornados. He is also going to live in Texas. Why he is so fascinated by this state I don't know. He can't explain it. I was hoping more along the lines of a career in the trades since he isn't planning on college. I will have to inform him that he will have to go to college and become a scientist if he is going to chase tornados. Then again he is 7 and tornado chasing is a long ways off.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Ouch. As you know, we have similar debates in our house over the big bad church. This conversation could have happened in our house. Only I wouldn't have been accused of sitting on my ass. Because John knows that if he said that? I would bite him or something. Why don't you try sitting on your ass for a full week or so and see how that goes over? Full effect ass sitting.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Religion is definitely a touchy subject. I can't believe that your hubby said that! Given everything that you took care of that day. I am a Methodist & while I don't go to church right now(working on Sundays) when I do go,I attend for the message & sense of peace that it gives me. But I completely understand where you're coming from.

5:01 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I go to church fairly often. It gives me time to sit on my fat ass for a while and avoid doing the chores.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

My hubby has been known to mumble a bit of insensitive crap before too. Just blow it off and hopefully it will pass.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home