Thursday, February 14, 2008

So much for that

So we are doing a switcheroo with the kids room. Won't bore you with the details. Let's just say my oldest son's room is a dust bowl.

While sweeping and moving my daughter's bed I found this diary she HAD to have. I picked it up and dusted it off. I started bitching to myself about another waste of money for something that she had to have and now it's under the dust bowl known as her bed. I open it up to this page.


2/7/07
Dear Diary,
You won't believe it. Today I fell in love with Eric.

What! Who is this Eric? I couldn't help myself peoples. I skimmed through. Along came a Carter, a Johnathon and then I had to stop. I swore I would never do what my mother did to me. Where did my baby girl go? Just two days ago I wrote that she had no interest in boys. Is she secretly singing and dancing to Hannah Montana? Does she think that Zach dude is cute? (please no, not that.) What next? Is she going to get her period this year?

I need a tall glass of wine.

Better make that a bottle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Ah. See? No one is safe.....

4:31 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

They do grow up fast.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Imagine a husband who reads those words in the diary of his wife....... (of course he is not "Eric").

8:56 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

Haha. Black Knight is funny.

What's with all these private blogs?

I gotta keep up with your posts.

Cesar Rodney this year?

4:48 AM  
Blogger peter said...

They grow up fast. They can be gone in a whisper.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Maybe there was a misunderstanding because of my bad english. I am not a husband who met an "eric" and, of course, my name is not Eric. I laughed a lot thinking of this misunderstanding.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home