Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mother of the Year

4 mile trail run with the dog this morning.

My youngest threw up once during the run. (he was home with his grandfather)

Hung out laundry to dry and chatted with my neighbor for 10 minutes. David threw up 3 more times while I was doing that. I think I've trained him quite well.

When I came in he told me I talked to much. Right out of my father's mouth.

Did a 1.5 mile walk with the dog when I dropped off my car for an oil change.

The school called.

My oldest son has a staph infection. Had it since Monday. I thought it was a cut that just wouldn't heal.

The doctor's office rushed me in and made me come in the back door. A staph infection is highly contagious. Where is that "Mother of the Year" award? Luckily it wasn't the "super-serious" kind. I was allowed to leave by the front door. Probably because they wanted their co-pay.

So life is grand. Well it will be tonight with some Shiraz and a little (ok a whole 9" tart) of Pear-Roquefort Tart that I'm making. Let's just put it this way...there are pears, blue cheese, cream cheese, pear butter and proscuitto. Not just any proscuitto. Parma Proscuitto. I thought I'd spend a little more. Who knew that salted, cured, ham costs $23.99 lb?

Yeah it was a shocker for me too.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, please. We've all been there. If we had medical degrees, we'd be practicing medicine.

3:11 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Looks like you had a rough week & DEFINITELY deserve that Shiraz & tart!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

email me crock pot recipes please.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

HA! FUNNY POST!! Sorry about the staph infection though...

3:33 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I hope the kids feel better.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I'm glad it's not the serious kind of staph. Who has time for that sort of thing anyway?

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

You're as bad as that mother who's son complained of a sore hip and she ignored it and the next day he couldn't walk. She was a right winner in the motherhood stakes. Whoops, that was me.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home