Wednesday, June 11, 2008

complaint

I sometimes read this travel section in the Times. A while back someone was complaining about people wearing flip flops on a plane and how discusting it was. WTF? First, how can you see someone's feet while you are sitting in a plane. Maybe in first class you can see them, but for the rest of us back in cheap seats...well I'm lucky if I can see my knees. Maybe people have gross toenails. Honestly the word toenails is gross all on it's own. The writer just reminded me of my MIL who would complain about this sort of thing. I do love her. She just has a lot of old people complaints. They all start out as "back in my day......"

I hope I don't become one of those old people complainers. Though I did tell my kids yesterday "back in my day they didn't sell ice cream at the pool!" I like calling people how I see them. That word is usually idiot. I was behind a LOT of idiot drivers yesterday. I guess that's why my kids call each other idiots. It took me a good 6 months complaining about the kids at school teaching them bad words, when all along it was me.

Thankfully I'm not calling the idiot drivers mother fuckers.

2 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

we call those drivers yahoos. :-) kinda not so bad, huh?

and crap, i've used that "when i was your age" thing with my kids. does that mean i'm old now?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Very nice post. You are right we use to say "Ai miei tempi" (the same meaning of "back in my day") or "when I was young" and when I say that I remember how old I am! Indeed the time runs fast: my city is different, my country is different and many friends now are in heaven. And very soon I will be grandpa. The idiot drivers? Here they are "figli di puttana" (very rude saying, sorry). Idiot (idiota) is very kind for them.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home