Friday, April 07, 2006

Running? What's that? Ok so I do two runs on Sunday and haven't even contemplated doing another run for the future. I did go walking with child #3 in the stroller for about an hour the other night. I forgot how much I like walking. All walkers were "losers" when I was running, so I guess I'm back to being a loser. One of the male runners in my neighborhood past me and I was extremely jealous. Later while I walked by his house I saw him doing sprints in his backyard. Very interesting. While walking I get to think about lot's of things. For example:

I should walk more before I start running. I can really feel my muscles losen/warm up on the walk. Instead of walking 20 steps before I go running, maybe do 5 minutes of warm-up walking.

Why does the professional landscaper have the absolutely worst yard in the neighborhood?

Why do the new neighbors who have two summer homes in Stone Harbor, NJ (very $$$$$) make the winter home the most white trash, discusting house in our neighborhood in a matter of months? (fake plastic looking white brick mailbox, plastic kmart shed, cut down every beautiful tree on lot with the exception of some shabby crab apple trees, ohhh...but wait, keep the tree stumpS about 4+ feet tall so you can put flower planters on them (WTF?), and put a long plastic tube has a handrail on your path to the house. ARGH.

Why is my sons sponge bob underwear on our front yard? Looks like we are white trash family #2.

Yesterday I battled a migraine. Of course I missed all the classic signs. Naseaus and chills. I just assumed it was pms. By the time the migraine hit I was too late with my meds. I took my last pill when I realized what was happening. One REAL coke later and I was out. (caffiene is the best thing for a budding migraine) The pill did stop the 3 day residue pain from hanging around. My doctor wasn't in this morning to fill another script, so I asked the receptionist if it was Ok for me to go to the ER in case of another one. Needless to say she found a free sample for me.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm still the same weight. I DO realize that my muscle is slowly turning into fat. I have to start running again! Walking is fine and I did that once a week for 2 miles while my kids biked around last year. I want to become obsessed with beating my PR of 24.30 minutes for a 5k again. My goal during the half training was to run a 5k in 22 minutes this September. It is still obtainable if I get my flabby gut in gear soon. These April showers haven't helped much either. I haven't been eating great lately. Breakfast and lunch are fine. It's just the 3:00 snack and dinner that have been lacking. (can you say RITZ crackers? oreo cookies? bryers ice cream? vino? miller lite?) I need to turn it all around. Mondays are usually good for that.

4 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Those foods that you mentioned sound yummy.

1:52 PM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Your neighborhood almost sounds like our neighborhood! Like where's the Dr that supposedly bought the house to our south, no one has cut the grass in months, weeds are starting to take over and blowing into our yard.

I so do not like cheap plastic planters too! Seems like a favorite of our N neighbor, all different colors too..looks too cluttered! Ok I'll stop!

hang in there...little breaks are ok.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Walking is great exercise.
Do not be hard on yourself.
The carriage adds extra weight and therefore an extra workout.



I food journal so my Easter basket was okay.
The good thing about it is though no food is off limit I tend to go for healthier foods when I journal.

VH Melville

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! ultram pharmacy.html Subaru wrx blue Web phentermine now http://www.san-francisco-hotels-6.info/Digital_camera_cheap_new.html

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home