Saturday, April 15, 2006

Square 5

That's where I am. Square f'n 5. Which I must say is better than square stinkin 1. Here are my squares:

1. Walking 1 hour 3x a week. Overweight
2. Walking with spurts of running and sprinting
3. Running 3 miles without stopping
4. Running 3 miles in 30 - 34 minutes.
5. Running 3 miles in under 30 minutes.

I have been running 3 miles in under 30 minutes (today was 27.30) for this week (3x) I can NOT believe I ran 13.1 miles a month ago in under 2 hours. My legs just feel thick while I run. My cardio could be better also. I'm doing much more walking which is keeping the weight off and keeping my body is somewhat shape. It's hard to run while the kids are at soccer b/c I would; have to run with a stroller, (ugh) leave one child (age 5) on the playground alone for 20 minutes, then take child #2 to his field and p/u child #1 from her field and leave her on the playground while I start-up and finish again. I can't run with running partner #2 b/c she is to damn fast for me and her 3 mile runs are her short runs. (oh, how I remember those days...like 35 days ago!!!) So I am back to running at night after hubby gets home. I'm also back to running the same old, same old route which is driving me batty. If I can just get back up to 4 miles I will feel like I'm accomplishing something.

I have decided that cyclists are snobs also. I used to be a cyclist (had the whole get-up) and I would wave to runners. When I wave to these guys they don't even bother grunting off a hi. So I've become a running snob. I will only acknowledge other runners. I'm sure all the cyclists in my state are bummed about that. Maybe if I put on a blond wig they would wave. Hmmm.

My kids are good. Child #3 got into the hot pink paint and was covered head to toe. He put paint all over his sisters hardwood floors, then proceeded to go down the hardwood stairs, and touch every spindle on the way down. All while wearing his new Easter outfit. Of course I did not get a picture. He has pink fingernails and toenails and there is still some pink in his hair. I wanted to kill him. This is about a month after he got into the gold paint. I thought I had the lid on the can tight, but being two he is quite crafty. He ended up in the bath tub fully clothed with a lot of screaming. So now I have to repaint her door and the spindles. I think I'll get to it by next year.

10 Comments:

Blogger Triseverance said...

Square 5 is waaaaay better then square 1, I have been running the same route alot lately as well. Don't stress, just go out and run slow longer, wasn't it mister Miagi that said?

"Run, Jog, no matter, all same."

you will be on to square six in no time.

7:10 AM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I agree with Bob. Better Square 5 than 1.

Your kids are funny. Laughing all the way reading about no 3.

The runners in London are the snobs. Plugged into their Ipods, they blank you as you meet and pretend they're running an intense 13-minute mile. Some others are funny too. The other day this guy across the street running the other way stared at me for a full 5 seconds. I waved back. He had a puzzled look on his face and ran on, looking at me still, but with mouth in a big O.

The bikers? Well, I'm not fast enough to catch up with them.

11:25 AM  
Blogger psbowe said...

Square 5 sounds good to me, like the others said, it's better than 1.

I'm so looking forward to many more messes by my child!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Just found your blog and started reading, take me a little while to catch up- but love what I have read so far! Yeah! A good new blog to read in my ten free seconds a day!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I love that Child #3 is so creative. You must be chomping at the bit to see what career path he takes!! LOL LOL!!

It must be something about #3. My #3 has just turned 1 and is more trouble that the other two put together. She gets into cupboards, toilets, everything she can get her chubby little hands on. What the hell is #4 going to be like??

Good on you for getting back into your running. Better than sitting on the couch thinking about it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jennifer P said...

Um, maybe I won't buy that fertility book you recommended...
It took me a long time to recover from my last 1/2 too. Take it easy - it will come. I promise.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also you can charm your would-be by choosing a design and a flavor of his or her choice or reflecting his or her style.
You can even try out various other ideas such as writing some beautiful quotes or choosing a cake
with the shape of your favorite sport. You can always find unique wedding cakes with shapes like airplane, football stadium, sunflower, heart and so on.


my website diaper cake ideas and instructions

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been surfing online greater than three hours lately, yet I never discovered any interesting
article like yours. It is beautiful value sufficient for me.
In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content
as you probably did, the net will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before.


Look into my site ... quantrim diet pill

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are having just a causal family get together
party and if you have not decided on the party theme, you can use season motifs for party table decoration.
Southwestern table runners, with their warm earth tone colors
and unique southwestern designs make them the standard for rustic
home decorating. Now that you have cured your project for at least 10 to 15 days, you'll want to go ahead and release it from the mold and begin the grinding and polishing process.

my weblog modern study table design (http://www.tabledecorationideas.org/ideas/preview/3903/thebestdesignofstudytableforyourkidshomedesigngallery.html)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home