Thursday, September 13, 2007

Donating

In my previous post I brought up the subject of how hard it is to part with clothes. I had to get past this. Though I did wear that brown $1.99 Macy's find to get take out food. Then I promptly dropped it into the donation pile upon arriving home. (clap, clap)

So the first place I started was my son's room. It's where I keep my clothes storage. I grabbed a pair of blue silk pants.(circa 1990?) Funny there is a safety pin on them. Ahhh, yes the last time I wore these were for a church portrait of the family. My son was 2. He will be seven (7) in a matter of months. Hmmmm. Almost 5 years. I try them on. Funny thing again....I was 20lbs heavier then. I still need the safety pin. They are beautiful, soft pants. They are also in the belief that my waist starts near my boobs. I could fit a child in each leg. Donate.

Then I try on a Bannana Rebublic dress (are they still around?) I haven't worn this dress since .... lets say 1990. It barely fits and is horrendous. Donate.

I try on a beautiful long brown skirt. (size 10 Charter Club) 1990's again. Barely fits. Gross. I look like I'm 60. Donate.

I pull a pink jacket that goes with a Talbot's silk embroidered skirt. What am I going to play a round of football while wearing this? Was Dynasty with Linda Evans on when I bought it. Skirt donated. Jacket....ripping out the football shoulder pads. (it really is cute)

After that I didn't even bother trying anything on. I just donated it. I realized some things:

1. I only bought expensive clothing
2. I WAS 125 lbs and 20 something when I bought this stuff.
3. I'm 145 and 40 something now. (hopefully 140 or below soon)
4. Shit I was skinny
5. I don't even shop at these stores anymore.
6. The church down the street is getting some really, nice outdated clothing.
7. The 1980's-90's sizes are not relavent today. Or maybe expensive stores size clothing the correct way.

Now there were two things I did not part with. Both size 10. One is a suede skirt the other is a red skirt. They do not fit. (I need an inch or so....so close!!) They will fit. I love doing "goal size" clothing. Girdles help, scales don't matter so much. Though I don't have tops to go with either. Well hopefully there is a rich or formally rich person getting rid of her "outdated 2005" tops and donating them somewhere. I will have to search.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Maybe you'll chance upon a few outdated 2005s around the neighborhood while running!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home