Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goals

Saturday: See if my dog will run with me like running partner #2 dog does with her. We started walking. She has been trained very well by my husband. You say "heel" and she obeys. First she has to poop. Obviously I have to look to see what comes out. First words from my mouth...."what the hell is that?!" What household item could she have possibly passed through her intenstinal track? It was orange. I look at her and she is half done. Seems she ate a very long string of some sort. Nice. Now we will attempt to run with a string hanging out her ass. Even she's confused about the string. She keeps trying to look at it. I have a feeling it's a portion of the rug in the mud room.

I start off with a very slow jog. She picks up the pace. This is going to work. I work my way up to a 10 min pace. Now she thinks it's play time. We do this walk, slow run, faster run about 5x and everytime the same result. Brandy is not going to be a running partner. She is a hunter, protector of the family, and eat all things she can reach. That's her job.

I have pavement runs set up for every Tuesday and Thursday morning with running partner #2 and her dog . 9:45 pace for 3+ miles. At this point I'm not concerned with fast pace times. I just want to get back into it.

I have to start eating healthier also.

I'm running a marathon relay in the spring.

I'm looking at 5k races too. (just as I have been looking at them since September)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A marathonr relay! What a great idea. And, if you are signed up, you will force yourself to train.

Emily

11:47 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I like that marathon relay! I wonder how far do you have to run in one? Good luck w/ the pavement running & eating healthier. Sounds like you are on your way.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If I get a dog to match my speed I would have to get like a 10 year old fat bull dog...maybe you should get a gray hound to run with.....

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home