Friday, January 25, 2008

I am being forced to watch my son swim on Thursdays.

him: "mom you will watch me swim the ENTIRE time"
me: "yes master"

No machine or treadmill while he is swimming. I must thank the boy for forcing me to pavement run at least once during the week. That and I do enjoy watching him swim. I have realized that my boys are much more high maintenance than my daughter. She is extremely laid back compared to them.

I ran a 9:20 pace for 3+ miles. That is fine with me. I wasn't pushing myself. I was breathing pretty hardy though. I hate when the IPOD music pauses b/c I don't want to hear myself gasping. I like to think of myself as that runner that all of a sudden passes you and you are shocked b/c you didn't hear him. I realized that unlike the cat I'm more the rino that you can hear from quite a ways.

The gym is still packed. When are they going to quit?

Jackass was swimming again. He stretched for at least 15 min before he got in the water. Big production stretching too. I've seen less stretching from Michel Phelps before an Olympic swim.

I ordered new googles for swimming. Prescription goggles! Now I can actually see clearly under the water. That and they are tinted so in the summer I can see the kids and not blurs while they are yelling "look at me, look at me!!!" I'll be a raccoon by August.

1 Comments:

Blogger tryathlete said...

Hope you enjoy the presciption goggles. When you can see better underwater make sure to get in Mr Jackass's way and practice somersaults too.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home