Thursday, January 10, 2008

always learning




Well this I already knew.

Car Conversations:

"those people are idiots for having a Christmas snowman up in January"

" sewing is hard, but Grandmothers are good at it"

"are the Andes mountains tall?"

"people live in Hawaii?! It's a volcano, are they are crazy?!"

"did you know that hurricanes are formed over the ocean?"

Just interesting talk with T in the car. I'm proud of him on the first comment. Though I would prefer a noun other than idiots. Yes people should take the Christmas lights/decorations down by mid-january. (or after the Epiphany)

I'm officially a gym rat. I use rat b/c I don't think bunnies sweat. Did sprints on the treadmill. Pace of 7.30 to 8.30 mph on the sprints. Incline of 4.5 and 15 min mph pace on the downtime. I thought I was going to hurl at one point. I can't figure out how to get the sprints down from 2 min to 45 seconds. It's a killer.

I will be at the gym Mon - Thurs now. Yep. Getting my monies worth. Tommy pretty much rocked the swimming too. He wants to continue also. (that's my boy) I'm psyched b/c I really don't feeling like getting into Karate and/or soccer. Now in the summer I can have all the kids in one sport. Karate would break the my bank account anyhow. It's pretty much cracked right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Awww bless him!!

I got "I'm sick of watching this fat stuff" the other morning from Phoebe (2.5yrs) as I was watching Biggest Loser Australia repeats.

And I have had "why is your bum too big for the toilet" and the other day whilst feeling for breast lump (under armpit mind) "stop playing with your titties".

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a few laps for me, will ya'?

1:11 PM  
Blogger tryathlete said...

I see Sandy the "get your stuff out!" Squirrel is gone. Hehe. Tommy must get his hansum genes from you.

I used to do sprints for about 30 seconds, then on each subsequent sprint session (about once a week) try to either:

a) sprint for a longer time (e.g. 35-40 seconds)
b) cover more distance in 30 seconds; or
c) do an extra set of 30 second sprints.

The sprints only covered around 200m in distance, but got my 400m time down from 90 seconds to about 70-75 seconds. The most important thing for me was not to kill myself trying, but feel that I'd done about enough and still had some change left in the tank for next time.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I agree w/ your son about people STILL having their Christmas decorations up now. Although to be honest I just put my pre-lit,foot & half tree away this weekend. But I don't have any decorations on the outside of my place for people to come by & snicker about them still being up..;-)

Welcome to the gym rat club! Way to get those sprints in. I agree w/ try@thlete about their sprint plan.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home