Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sandy

Why do I have a picture of Sandy the squirrel from Sponge-Bob on my sidebar?

First and foremost I hate squirrels. They are rats with tails.

I also don't like Texas too much. It's very flat, very hot, very humid, I abhore their football team, their cheerleaders, their big hats and cowboy boots. I do love cowboys though. My husband has told me parts of Texas are great, but I must of been in the wrong part of town. It is a big state. It's not my fault I'd rather live North of the Mason Dixon line. (preferably Maine, where it is cold and they have a beach)

I love Sponge-Bob though. Which is unusual for a woman my age. I find the show hysterical. It's one of the shows I will watch with my kids. The only reason I let them watch it was because of the hoopla over Sponge-Bob being gay. I was told not to let my kids watch it, so I let them watch it. I'm that kind of mom.

So I put a picture of an animal I hate from a place I would never live on my web page. There is a story behind it though.

Notice she is wearing a purple bikini. I had a purple bikini once. It was my all-time favorite bikini. When I was younger (mid 20s) my future husband and I would go to Nascar races and hang in the infield. Which means you get to the track at 6 am, drink and eat food, drive into the infield with 100,000 or so it seems other fans and continue to drink a LOT of alcohol. Fun times people, fun times. So we (4 of us) decide to walk over to turn 1 before the race starts. Their is a car on the track. I'm wearing my purple bikini top with shorts. As we get to the turn a guy on a school bus yells out over a bull horn (to be heard over the car that has just passed and now it's eerily quiet)

'HEY YOU! YEAH YOU! IN THE PURPLE TOP! SHOW US YOUR TITS"

Everyone and I mean everyone with in 100 yards looks at me. Most are on top of their buses winabagos etc. My 3 friends, including my future husband run away. They run away! I'm left there standing with all eyes on me ("will she take off her top?)

No I didn't. Instead I found my future husband and yelled at him to go beat that guy up.

He didn't.

So there is your story for the day.

I might be changing the picture soon. I'm a bit bored by it and by Sponge-Bob also.

I have no exercise whatsoever to post either. My 10 mile race is out for January. I'm completley bummed. I'm not in top shape to do it. I can't do it half assed either. I'm throwing around sprint tri in my head. I just need to figure out the bike portion of it. Like "where to get a bike, bike outfit and shoes" for nothing. I'm kicking myself for giving my last bike away and donating the rest to Goodwill. What was I thinking?

Probably thinking of cowboys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I have always wondered about that squirrel.

I too love Sponge Bob. I dont' let my kids watch the Simpsons because they give me the shits (kids and the Simpsons) but Sponge Bob, he's cool.

Put your mind together and get yourself sorted with the bike thing, then you'll have nothing to beat yourself up about.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally would have taken off my top in my twenties. Not anymore. But, nowadays, I don't think anyone would want to see what is under there...

Emily R

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home