Sunday, December 09, 2007

We disagree and suckage

Tommy and I. Which is not something new. Currently I owe him $9,450 for it. (that includes my lies to him) Go figure.

Anyhow our latest disagreement...who loves this show more. Have you seen it? I'm in love with Bear. How could I not be in love with a man named Bear. A man's man. Have you ever met a man who eats a fish alive (you chomp into the spine btw) a man who will eat a frog alive (just chew the head off) a man who gets totally naked in front of the camera man and does NOT care (it's blurred out btw) A man who loves his wife and kids with all his heart? Tommy just likes to see him make fire and eat yucky stuff. We now know how to survive in the desert, Patagonia, the Columbia jungle and other amazing places. Even my husband likes Bear. That and the guy from Dirty Jobs. He would drink with the dirty jobs guy and hunt in the wild with Bear.

Ah a man's man.

Got the wii. Set it up the mii's for all of us. (don't feel like wasting time xmas day) So I decided to play Tennis. First and foremost...I suck at any game involving a ball.

Volleyball? Please, you expect me to hit that hard ball coming at me 30 mph? No way sucker.

Golf? How many things do I have to make sure is right before I actually swing? I have boobs too. Huh. Sure I can hit the ball. Maybe 3 feet.

Kickball? I actually got good, until I got the popular girl out. That ended my kickball career.

Dodgeball? We called it smear the queer. Pretty much same as volleyball, though I could run away from it and not be a loser.

Basketball. Broke my finger the one time I played it. No.

Baseball, softball? Run away I say.

Soccer? I'm from America and no one (and I mean no one) knew what a soccer ball was in the "old days"

Football. That I could play. Though don't ask me to throw that thing because I'm all girl.

Tennis? I took lessons and still don't get it. Reality vs wii is the same thing. I still suck. I played three games and actually hit the ball only one time. I'm that bad. Now boxing I'm good at. I guess if I ever decided to beat the crap out of someone in reality world I'd be pretty good at it. I fight like a man. Thing is...I have never hit someone in my 40+ years and I don't expect to anytime soon. Though just in case I need to, I guess I can kick some ass.

That's why I was a competitve swimmer for 10 years. That's why I rode a bike for another 5. (I also look good in spandex) That's why I run. I guess the dodgeball, baseball, volleyball did come in handy somehow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me that you'd be good at boxing (that's a compliment).
My husband wear black socks with sandals, tennis shoes and rubber boots and white socks with black dress shoes. Our kid is going to be SO embarrased.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I love a good man's man. That's why I had a strange love for Steve Irwin, even though he was no oil painting he got out there, mucked it, had a soft side for old Suey the dog and his kids and he loved his wife more than life itself. He fought crocodiles and snakes, but not to kill them, to save them. He rocked. And post death we find that he was a real man too, he suffered debilitating depression, mourned his dear mother for years and hated wearing a tuxedo.

I also love Jack on Men in Trees.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Jones said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just painted the chair with a primer and 2 coats of red paint (spray paint). Then I sanded the edges where I thought an old chair would have wear. No wax or anything. I think I will use a furniture wax to polish it a little because black and red tend to look a little weird when sanded and the polish evens it all out. I was a little nervous when I started painting furniture, but you can always paint over it if you mess up.

Great job on getting in shape. I went from 170 to 130 a couple years ago. I've always wanted to run a marathon (or even a 5 k), but I'm waiting for a bad foot problem to heal before I can try that.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I am SO with you. I used to hide under the net in volleyball, knowing the ball could not hit me there. But running? Running I can do.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home