Friday, December 28, 2007

2008 where are you?

Well the final crush of parties is here and I am DONE on January 2. No more innane conversation and all that. I could get into a whole blog post on the "my kids are the greatest", "we are so happy", "______ is hoping to get an $obnoxious bonus," "oh, well my kid did this funny thing, which is so much funnier than what you just told me" "I will top anything you say or do" .........................................Ok, ok, it's only a few people who bore me to death. But they always find me. I try to walk/run/hide but at some point in the night I find myself listening to their borish talk.

Christmas was great. I finally got the entertaining down. It's quite easy when you banish anyone and everyone from entering your kitchen. Heart of the Home?! Bullshit. Get out and let me work.

Hubby got a bit drunk on the suitcase of wine his sister brought over on the eve party. I thought it was my son snoring and an hour later I couldn't find Joe anywhere. What's it like to wake up Christmas morning and everything is done? Me? I have no idea what that is like. Then again I have no idea what it is like to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner on Christmas day. I did manage to get out of my pj's this year though.

My kids are kicking my butt on the wii. The exception being the 3 year old. Though he isn't bad at boxing.

My running is non-existent. Once these holidays are over and school is back in session I'm onto my training. Saturday I will get some info about doing a sprint tri. My cousin's wife offered me use of her bike last year and I think I will take her up on it. She does one of the Danskin tri's every year. I can't train with her b/c she and her friends train at the fancy-pancy health club, but I have always been better training by myself than with others.

I'm bored by this post. I'm turning into one of THEM.

I'll be back to normal in 2008. I always like even numbered years better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are having fun. And I'd totally EAT whatever that thing is you made in the last post. Is that...is that...FROSTING?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Do what Billy Connolly suggests, wear a big arsed brooch or something similar, it weeds out the fuckwits and keeps them at bay. Only the people that are worth a shit will talk to you when you are bizarre.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

suitcase of wine? What's that?!? Happy new year!!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Your posts could never be boring! Good luck w/ training for the sprint tri. Keep us posted.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home