Friday, April 04, 2008

misc

Our new washer has this sanitize feature. I thought it was pretty stupid. Well I must take it back. My mother's beautiful lace tablecloth had the ugliest yellow stain on it and now it's gone. Amazing. I think the stain was there for at least 10 years.

Ok....is anyone else out there feeling the recession like us? Heating bills are out of control. We only drive the Vibe around town and it seems my checking account is always under $100. My credit card debt is out of control (I blame the dog and her eating habits on that one) The only big purchase I have bought in the past year is the washer. My husband wants to go to the beach for a week (we didn't do it last year and instead went to the Poconos for free) I don't know how to break it to him that we can't afford it. We could afford a 3 day trip, but a week, I don't think so.

We haven't bought any new clothes. David wears Tommy's old one. Julia gets hand me downs from her cousin and can pretty much wear the same size as last year. Tommy has hand me downs from his friend and I just buy him new Levi's every year.

I just don't know where the money is going.

I'm setting up a garden so I don't have to waste money on veggies this summer.

I blame one man for this.

Stupid is as stupid does.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer P said...

I'm jealous of your washer, not your recession. That's the shits.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are feeling it, M. Yes we are. So, I decided to quit my job. Makes sense, no?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I hear ya on feeling the budget crunch. Hopefully even a few days away will do your fam good.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home