Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stand up

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conversative, has no brains." -- Winston Churchill

What would you do if someone said the above to you? My SIL said it to me Memorial Day Weekend. After she said it I thought "she didn't just call me stupid?" I gave a little "heh, heh, heh" and walked away. Of course for the next week I was really pissed off. "How. Dare. She.

Today was hubby's family reunion. I was talking to one of his cousins (my favorite) and while we both are registered Republicans we are voting Democratic. High five! Later I go into the family room and said cousin comes in and says "room for another democrat?" Basically as a joke because hubby's family is as RED as they come. My SIL repeats the above to me and the cousin. Well now I've had it. Usually I blow things off, but no one and I repeat NO ONE calls me stupid. I look her straight in the eye and said "I don't think I'm stupid, I think I'm pretty smart." (not about punctuation though) "George Bush is smart?" Is he smarter than anyone in this room? She is shocked that I came back at her... goes on to say"Winston Churchill said that quote." Honestly, I don't care if he said it. Why the hell are you saying it to me. You just said I had no brain.

While you are at it don't "one up" my story. I'm real proud of my son going off the high dive. Not proud enough to mention it. His father did that. Don't start with (your now 15 year old son) doing the same thing, but much better at the same age. I. Don't. Care. Yes your kids are all better than mine in everything they do. I get it. You won't let me forget it. You have wonderful kids I love them and brag about them to others. Let's just leave it at that.

I did have an awesome weekend before this party, but what fun is it writing about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home